For Sale - 1947 Mercury Coupe - Mount Joy, PA

1947 Mercury Coupe – Nice older restoration with Le Barron Bonney interior.  This Mercury is powered by a later model (1949-53) model Ford Flathead V8 that runs well.  Engine does not smoke, starts easily and does not overheat.   The paint is older but shines nicely.  The chrome is excellent.  The stainless trim is also very nice.  The electrical system has been converted to 12 volts.  Parts to return to a 6 volts system are supplied.  The suspension currently sits on Posies reversed eye springs.  The original front and rear springs are included.  The rear spring is an NOS unit( expensive).  The engine has Fenton exhaust manifolds connecting to a dual exhaust system utilizing Smithys mufflers.  Sounds great.  Again, original exhaust manifolds and a new original single muffler are supplied.  Wide whitewall tires are bias type and older.  Not apparent dry rot.  A spare set of wheels is included so if you want to mount a set   of radials for better handling and driving as well you can do that.  The vehicle is kept in a climate controlled garage. 

This is a driver quality car that can be enjoyed as-is and improved as the new owner has time.  Many new and used parts Too numerous to list go with the car.  Bring a pickup truck.  Parts range for interior clips to a very nice radiator with new clutches, steering wheel, gaskets, rubber seals etc. in between.  The new owner should not have to buy  parts for quite a while.  Included are some trim parts which are extra to the car and could be sold.  Being a popular Ford/Mercury product, maintenance and mechanical parts not supplied are readily available if needed.  So this would be great car for someone new to the car hobby and ideal for a father/son or daughter joint ownership where the young man or woman can acquire the knowledge about older cars and enjoy riding in it, driving it and showing it as well.

Reason for selling is it’s just time to move the vehicle to a new owner.  I’ll certainly miss it having had it for over 20 years.    I encourage the potential buyer to make a personal inspection or have someone qualified inspect it for them.   I have a lift so you can get a good look underneath as well.  There is no warrantee.  The vehicle is sold as-is.

Payment is by cash or three legitimate cashier’s checks.  One for 80% of the sale price to me and two checks each for 10% of the sale price made out to the AACA Museum and the AACA (Antique Automobile Club of America) respectively.  So when you buy this car you are making tax deductible contributions to two fine organizations that promote the hobby as well as preserving a vehicle for future generations.

Very reasonably priced at $18,500.

Please contact me for more information and photos via a reply to the forum or by text or phone at 717-449-1690. Please leave a message if I don't answer.  20210107_124254.thumb.jpg.7c9828caab19ecca7ff72415f8dd618e.jpg

20210107_124607.thumb.jpg.6e6f66b8dbf07a8b1069e5455465b10b.jpg

20210107_124519.thumb.jpg.55d45c75ad175117a2688b0a915cd4f6.jpg

20210109_134833.thumb.jpg.f965eaafb636274c1f46c50ff52aea3b.jpg

• Like 1