31 - Remove lock cylinder from handle

Anyone ever remove a lock cylinder from a handle as shown in the picture? Seems like it should be removable, but my research shows I may have to drill a small hole to depress the spring loaded detent. Maybe I can get to it from the opposite end by removing the ss flange?20210112_115722.thumb.jpg.d0ea459f4002a623885c52f50f363482.jpg

I don't have the key for this particular lock, but I was able to pick it and turn to the 'middle'. Drilled a small hole and Bob's my Uncle, popped it out. I'm rearranging the pins to work with a key I have. No markings on this particular cylinder, but I have seen ones that have the number stamped into them. Thanks Rex for the drilled hole confirmation! 

As I reassemble, I noticed that no hole needed to be drilled into the handle. I'll post my findings so others dont make the same mistake. You can get to the detent from the rear of this handle. Remove the rotating locking tab by removing the center pin which is peened in place. This allows the cylinder to rotate a full 360 degrees.

20210113_214445.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...