1958 Corvette 60,000 orig. miles $27,500!! Uh-HUh

Danger Danger abandon ship!  This Craigslist post is soon going to fall into the dark abyss that holds other ones like it, and it needs to happen really quick!

• Like 1

Odd they mention nothing about engine or tranny,  which is the number one thing guys check first in a Vette.  Even in less than perfect shape 27,500 is project money not completed turn key car.  Wording seems a little strange at the start as well.  My guess is 98.9 % chance it's a scam. 

Yeah if you are nearby might be worth the look. 

Definitely want to see the paperwork as well and match the tags to it. 

I don't know...haven't you heard that old Corvette story (joke)?

A rich man left his wife for a younger woman. After several months, he called his wife and said, "My new wife has spent me into the poor house! I need money! Sell the Corvette!" So she sold it...for $200.

Maybe this is one of those scenarios. 😄

How about:

I'm the owner and serving at an undisclosed military location, 

or on a North Sea Drilling Rig-

I cannot take new pictures right now,

but the Corvette is in a Shipping Container at the Port,

waiting to be released to you once you send me payment via Wal-Mart pre-paid gift cards

• Haha 2

That same guy on the drilling rig wanted to sell me his 100 point 57 Fury show car. Told me it was at his brother house near Portland. I told him WOW that's where I live but he never called me back.

"

I'm the owner and serving at an undisclosed military location, 

or on a North Sea Drilling Rig-

I cannot take new pictures right now,

but the Corvette is in a Shipping Container at the Port,

waiting to be released to you once you send me payment via Wal-Mart pre-paid gift cards

I have heard that story a few times; I never acted on it - it's BS!  It's in container at some location and seller is not available to show it.  So you have buy the car sight unseen.  That requires the buyer to lock the money up in like a pay pal account and the seller offers a return if you don't like it.  What a scam!