Wind Wings

Ron Lawson

48 minutes ago, Ron Lawson said:

I am chasing a pair of wind wings to fit a car with tapered square section windshield posts I have a set that need restoring but they are for round or oval posts I have found a new home for these They are going to Matt for his Victory Sports Roadster 

If they don’t fit Matt I know someone else with round windscreen posts:):)

• Haha 1

Only a thought. I had a set for my '28 Ford roadster pickup that might work depending on the thickness of the posts. The Ford post were tapered top to bottom and flat in the front and rear. Depending on the thickness of your posts, they might work. They mount through the rear of the posts. Again, just a thought.  Sorry, the photo doesn't show as much as I thought it might, but you can see them in any Model A catalog.1771279182_Truckfront.thumb.jpg.3e94acf00a331a05c8b3a6633223c177.jpg

Edited by jpage (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jpage said:

Only a thought. I had a set for my '28 Ford roadster pickup that might work depending on the thickness of the posts. The Ford post were tapered top to bottom and flat in the front and rear. Depending on the thickness of your posts, they might work. They mount through the rear of the posts. Again, just a thought.  Sorry, the photo doesn't show as much as I thought it might, but you can see them in any Model A catalog.1771279182_Truckfront.thumb.jpg.3e94acf00a331a05c8b3a6633223c177.jpg

Thank you jpage I will check it out

6 hours ago, jpage said:

If it ends up that they will work for Ron let me know and I’ll pay for them and postage to Ron. I feel a bit bad now that Ron is searching for a new set for his car. 

I actually just found these Ron they might work for all of us if yours don’t fit. 
You could still be in luck there Rich. We could just attach them to the outside by tapping the thread into the outside of the post or the pivot. 
what do you think. 
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/184188209859

Edited by Mattml430 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Mattml430 said:

I actually just found these Ron they might work for all of us if yours don’t fit. 
You could still be in luck there Rich. We could just attach them to the outside by tapping the thread into the outside of the post or the pivot. 
what do you think. 

Sounds good, not sure I want to drill/tap my pillars but may be able to pick up on the existing pivot in some way - will take a look

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mattml430 said:

what do you think. 

Hey Matt Don't feel bad mate I got these years ago as I said I cant see any sense in holding onto something that is of no use to me You won the raffle cobber and I know that if you cant use them you will do the same 

• Like 1