I have for sale a 1923 AutoCar Truck in running and driving order. Has had antifreeze in it always. 

Asking $50,000 

Feel free to ask questions. 

1B9D819F-9C2C-4880-8687-1CE2917ACF1A.jpeg

BEEFD4EB-0283-4168-8F5E-0D340EA45520.jpeg

7A28996F-01C5-4373-81DA-85B7E90989D5.jpeg

73ABA877-4921-45CF-8602-EA40A28221DB.jpeg

16B44EA2-3FD4-4BA5-B821-C94835DF562F.jpeg

• 2 months later...

It's not a rare truck. It does NOT have any special  / landmark technical aspects.

At best it'll do parade duty at a top speed of 24mph...

On a good day - maybe it's worth $2500-$3200....maybe.

Only if the engine is free....

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, oldIHtruck said:
12 minutes ago, oldIHtruck said:

It's not a rare truck. It does NOT have any special  / landmark technical aspects.

At best it'll do parade duty at a top speed of 24mph...

On a good day - maybe it's worth $2500-$3200....maybe.

Only if the engine is free....

I personally never have seen one go for less than 15,000 and that was with a stuck engine 

You say this truck runs and drives so you must've driven out to this location to take the pictures and then magically erased the tracks. That's really slick and a great looking truck. I don't have 50,000 but if I did...

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, AHa said:

You say this truck runs and drives so you must've driven out to this location to take the pictures and then magically erased the tracks. That's really slick and a great looking truck. I don't have 50,000 but if I did...

I have 40 acres. This is on my driveway on the way in. But yes it does run and drive very well. It has been about a year since I have ran it. Still has antifreeze in it. To cold out right now but in a month or so I will do a oil change and get it fired up again 

Edited by MWB3 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Here is  a Autocar I I bought for $600.00 , a 1919 2 cyl model. It was part of a fleet of trucks at Dispatch Coal and Produce Co Rochester NY . Tis truck serviced the furnaces in East Rochester at the "Car Shops" where rail road cars were built and repaired. If you look close the name on the side can still be seen.  It had a high lift coal body on it that 2 compartments.  I rebuilt it to good running and driving condition  before I was 20 years old. (Im 63 today) The body was power up and gravity down with a hand brake on a drum. It was  3 speeds forward . It had a real jack rabbit clutch that I never bothered to take apart and investigate. The new owner had me install the whitewalls  before it left NY. I remember tracing the rusty seat tins on some galvanized  sheet metal I bought at a local heating and cooling  shop. I guess I didnt pickle it enough because its started to trew its paint. The red brackets  above the fender is a cab mount. I never got around to making the C Cab. On the left front wheel is a Veeder Root wheel odometer . I think it showed  like 3000 miles.  Today its in a museum in Calgary, Alberta.  Hope you enjoyed the story. The older I get the more I like to tell the history of vehicles that went through my ownership.

1920_Autocar_Dump_Truck_content_header_photos.jpg

Edited by mikewest (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've seen restored versions of the OP's truck, and there are lots of options for making a fun, eye-catching, parade/show vehicle.

Not sure what price guide would suggest an unrestored one should be valued anywhere near $50K, though. I think a restored truck would struggle to reach that valuation.

In any case, good luck with the sale.