DISCOVERY +

1937hd45

• 1937hd45 changed the title to DISCOVERY +

It’s a streaming service like Netflix, Apple TV, or Amazon prime that you access via the internet with a computer, a tablet like an iPad or with a smart TV (a TV with built in WiFi receiving) or a regular TV equipped with a WiFi receiver.  It charges a monthly fee like Netflix to allow you to access the Discovery + programming. Currently they are offering a seven day free trial to see if you like it.

Just now, Morgansdad said:

It looks like the Discovery + is just repeats from the regular discovery channel.  I'm thinking I will pass.

But it’s going to host the Chip and JoAnna Gains Magnolia network, how can you say no to that?  (I’ve already said no just for that reason).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

Apparently if you use Verizon cell service you can get a year free of it. Since I don’t watch the other stuff my interest is zero even free but in case someone does.

Really?   Hmmm, I have Verizon.  I may have to check it out if its free.  

Well, its not free, I'm already paying for it.  HA! 

• Like 2

Sorta. OTA will probably stay around for a while, streaming will do rest, cable/satellite is in trouble.

As of moment only Roku gets everything and can handle 4k. Flash was worth $17. What is available to Android seems to be all over the place. Aftermarket Android TV devices do not get much. WW84 was a waste of time even free (would be an insult to turkeys).

Biggest problem with Roku TVs (TCL etc) is the lack of a numeric keypad. OTOH they are cheap.

My big TV is a Netherlandian company brand licensed to a Japanese company and made in Mexico.

• Like 1