Identification of wires

Carguy1964

One thing I would recommend for this car if you do not already have it. Someone on here post d about it and I bought one and it's been super helpful. It's a full size laminated wiring diagram from classic car wiring. Pic below but I didn't include the actual diagram since it's copyrighted.   

From what I can see further up in the diagram, the white and purple may be for the door switch. The black assuming it's oem seems to run to most of the courtesy lights such as glovebox light, parking  brake light etc

16102330959675325864330366806958.jpg

Edited by 64Rivvy (see edit history)

I think those are the three wires that should be connected to the door jamb switch.  Touch each one to a bare piece of metal and see which interior lights come on. They at least have the proper terminals for the door jam switch. If you do a search you'll find that there are three separate interior lighting circuits and how the operate individually and simultaneously.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 64Rivvy said:

One thing I would recommend for this car if you do not already have it. Someone on here post d about it and I bought one and it's been super helpful. It's a full size laminated wiring diagram from classic car wiring. Pic below but I didn't include the actual diagram since it's copyrighted.   

From what I can see further up in the diagram, the white and purple may be for the door switch. The black assuming it's oem seems to run to most of the courtesy lights such as glovebox light, parking  brake light etc

16102330959675325864330366806958.jpg

One thing I would recommend for this car if you do not already have it.

Thank you for tip. I ordered one today for my 63. I’m sure it will come in handy 

You may what to remember to call out the tracer color when identifying a wire, like purple/white tracer or black/white tracer. When I read purple wire  I thought of  the solid purple #12 wire that goes to the solenoid.

Details.

???? Ironically the three wires in question are not colored on the attached diagram.  If you know where to look, you'll see them.  

@Carguy1964 If you do have your original switches, Gordon Wolfgang, @msdminc can repair them for you.  If you do not have them, contact Gene Guarnere @abandg , he might have some for sale.  They are a Buick item. The junk from OPGI isn't even in the same ballpark.  The OE setup sends 12V to the lights. When they are grounded, they come on.  12V does not go to the switch, just to the light.238863801_unnamed(2).jpg.e6ade5089d44bbf524b511dbe81acb76.jpg

• Like 1