64 riviera Just got her back from mechanics today.. did brand new brakes  wheeel cyclinders all the way around, brake lines etc, it had 3inch lowering springs on back and 2 in front...way to low, so i have put back to original height and thats how its looks todah, loving it...so now my next mission is redo the front end suspenison, any recommendations, on parts, kits??? A arms , im trying to do everything on front, but i wanna get all parts instead of doing one at a time

RiVIERA family cant wait to hear from u guys

20210108_161651.jpg

• Like 2

You could do a search for the front end information in this forum, it's up at the upper right of your page. Or just scroll down through the posts, there were some recent ones on suspension for the first-gen Rivs. Tom Telesco (telriv) is a good person to start with on suspension information. Nice looking car. Good luck!

Jim

Do you still have the original drum brakes? If yes, are you happy with the braking with of your new brakes? If also yes, could you share which brand of brake shoe your mechanic used? It would be good to know a good brand as I had a set from NAPA years ago that were not good at all and required a lot of pedal effort. thx.   

Yes i still have drum brakes i would not want change it at all, stops on a dime does your riviera have a brake booster aswell, i heard some dont, but mines does, so even my mechanic when i told him i was think about going disc, he said he wouldnt but this car has brake booster its basically like have disc brakes, dont get me wrong obviosuly disc is always better, but there you have to switch out of stuff to convert, i dont k ow what shoes he put in it, i left it up to mechanic cause i trust his choice on parts and service

The Riviera was considered a top of the line luxury sport coupe and as such every 1st generation  (63-65) Riviera had as standard equipment the following: power steering, power brakes (meaning boosted,) automatic transmission, high performance 4bbl V8 with dual exhausts, and bucket seats and floor shift.  Those are the big things. Smaller thing like a clock, day/night rear view mirror, trunk light, full wheel covers, and other items that were "options on other models are standard on the Riviera." The Riviera window sticker had these words and the complete list printed on the bottom so you would realize everything you were getting as a part of the Riviera package.  

Rivnut, i see you on the forum alot...2 questions how can i look my 64 riv info? Like history where its made, color interior etc.

2nd question interior door panels? The hardware for it, do you have pictures or where i find hardware kit, to replace what i have now?

• Haha 1

There's been plenty of discussion on this forum about decoding build plates.  One thing for sure, your car was built in Flint, MI as were all 63, 64, and 65 Rivieras.  The TR code will tell you the interior, the paint code will tell you the color. Buick and the Buick Heritage Alliance have no information on any Rivieras.   If you're an ROA member, the Fisher Data plate information is on the website.  The Fisher Data plate only tells you what options were built into the car while at the body plant.  That body was then shipped to final assembly where it was married to the frame, engine and transmission were installed and the front clip and dash items were installed.  Any options on or in front of the dash board will not be on the data plate.  

Take a look at some 1964 Buick Riviera interior images on Google, find put what you're missing and post a "wanted" thread.  Chances are probably better if you were to contact one of the vendors that advertise in the  Riview, the ROA's bi-monthly magazine.  Those vendors will be more likely to have the items that you're looking for and you'll know that those pieces will be in good shape.  The director/editor of the ROA/Riview does not allow questionable advertising in the ROA's magazine. 

Joining the ROA is just like having an American Express Card "Membership has its privileges!" 

Check out the link in my signature.

Every one is different and likes their car to ride, handle , and steer a certain way. 
I put an ADDCO SWAY bar on the front, rebuilt with all new bushings. Put on Bilstein shocks. Just bought 1 inch lowering springs fro Custom Coil specialties in Kansas. New lower hall joints. Did same for rear. Love the way it handles and rides. Taught 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RivNut said:

There's been plenty of discussion on this forum about decoding build plates.  One thing for sure, your car was built in Flint, MI as were all 63, 64, and 65 Rivieras.  The TR code will tell you the interior, the paint code will tell you the color. Buick and the Buick Heritage Alliance have no information on any Rivieras.   If you're an ROA member, the Fisher Data plate information is on the website.  The Fisher Data plate only tells you what options were built into the car while at the body plant.  That body was then shipped to final assembly where it was married to the frame, engine and transmission were installed and the front clip and dash items were installed.  Any options on or in front of the dash board will not be on the data plate.  

Take a look at some 1964 Buick Riviera interior images on Google, find put what you're missing and post a "wanted" thread.  Chances are probably better if you were to contact one of the vendors that advertise in the  Riview, the ROA's bi-monthly magazine.  Those vendors will be more likely to have the items that you're looking for and you'll know that those pieces will be in good shape.  The director/editor of the ROA/Riview does not allow questionable advertising in the ROA's magazine. 

Joining the ROA is just like having an American Express Card "Membership has its privileges!" 

Check out the link in my signature.

ROA?