Jenson Interceptor engine?

ia-k

Well, they're Jensen valve covers, anyway. Those covers will bolt to any big block Chrysler. Looks like an aftermarket 4bbl intake. That also looks like the matching Chrysler 727 automatic, with an aftermarket street rod shifter base on it, so apparently someone was planning on using this in a street rod or modified application.

Great cars however. I always found the engines awkward to work on due to the reality's of a big engine in a relatively small space. But the test drive always made up for the skinned knuckles. They seem to come in two flavors today, really rusty and sort of cheap. And not rusty , not cheap at all. Also as can be imagined , not a car for places where gas is as expensive as where I live.

Greg

17 hours ago, CarlLaFong said:

I worked for a time at Hollywood Sport Cars. We were the biggest Jensen dealer in the world. The engines were nothing special. just stock 383/440 Mopars with Torqueflites and a smattering of jag suspension pieces

I thought the front suspension was the same as London taxicabs, which came from a large fifties Austin sedan.

18 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

with an aftermarket street rod shifter base on it,

Just last month I installed a Lokar shifter on a 700R4 and it used that same bracket that Joe mentions.

It would be fun to have a set of those valve covers just to confuse people when the hood is open.

Especially on this one.

IM000655.JPG

1 hour ago, JACK M said:

Just last month I installed a Lokar shifter on a 700R4 and it used that same bracket that Joe mentions.

It would be fun to have a set of those valve covers just to confuse people when the hood is open.

Especially on this one.

IM000655.JPG

Long ram? Very cool!

Thanks Joe, The first hot rod I ever built.

I have owned it for 45 years.

The long rams were easier to find back then.

I have worked all the bugs out by now and I would and do drive it anywhere.

Although one of the daughters has keys so it isn't always parked where it should be.

• Thanks 1