Top socket rests 1918 or thereabouts

Hello

If  there are  any  owners  of   1918 touring  or  phaetons on  the  forum I am  in  need  of  a  pair  of  top   socket  rests for  my  Type 57.

If no  spares  are  out  there  could  someone  please   provide  me   with  the  casting  numbers     and  or  pictures  so I  know  what  to  look  for.

Very  much  appreciated   .   

It  is  possible   that   the  type  51 53 55 59   all  might  fit  I  am  not   sure.  

Thank  you  in  advance

Bob

Edited by bobs1916 (see edit history)

hello

I  mean  the   bracket  on  each   side  of  the  car, in  the   rear, which  the   top  sits  in  when  the  top  is  lowered.  It  opens and   clamps  and  then   latches   closed   surrounding  the   metal  sockets  of  the  top. Here  is  one   of but  it  is  not   necessarily for a  Cadillac

rest.jpg

This topic has come up before. I believe this part is pretty generic — perhaps not even of Cadillac manufacture. I will upload a pic from my 1924, but though they came from a Cadillac owner, they may work on lots of other cars, and mine may have been from another car.

Bob

I collected a number of these when I needed them for my Premier. I might have what you need. I need to know how long on the inside you need and how wide on the inside in about the middle. Also the part that attaches to the body bracket can be in a number of positions. Does the photo show that location is where you need it??

It took me 4 or 5 tries to get ones that would work for me...

Ken

On 1/15/2021 at 12:33 AM, KLF said:

Bob

I collected a number of these when I needed them for my Premier. I might have what you need. I need to know how long on the inside you need and how wide on the inside in about the middle. Also the part that attaches to the body bracket can be in a number of positions. Does the photo show that location is where you need it??

It took me 4 or 5 tries to get ones that would work for me...

Ken

Ken  I  will  get  back to  you with  that information  thank  you

On 1/13/2021 at 12:29 AM, Michael J. Barnes said:

This topic has come up before. I believe this part is pretty generic — perhaps not even of Cadillac manufacture. I will upload a pic from my 1924, but though they came from a Cadillac owner, they may work on lots of other cars, and mine may have been from another car.

Thanks   yes  I  agree  they  may  have  been  generic but  with  so many  of  them  out  there  Where  to  begin?? That  is  why  I  was hoping  for a  casting   number  as  most  of  these  parts  have  such  a  number

These are generally referred to as ‘top saddles’. I am sure someone can give you the casting numbers that work for your car. As mentioned the number of top sockets and mounting point and angle of these were specific to auto makers. 

On 1/17/2021 at 8:40 PM, 72caddy said:

These are generally referred to as ‘top saddles’. I am sure someone can give you the casting numbers that work for your car. As mentioned the number of top sockets and mounting point and angle of these were specific to auto makers. 

That  is  what  I  hope  for. Some one  must  have  one   I  would  think  

On 1/13/2021 at 12:29 AM, Michael J. Barnes said:

Michael can  I  see the  one  on  your  24 please. Is  there a  number? Would  love  to  hear  from  some  one   with a  type  57