Current wheel rim media blast prices

Flivverking

FYI

Here is what I paid this morning to have 5 ,18" demountable wheel rims, plus 4 bead split rings( one out of 5 needs replacing ) for a '27 Chryslurp 70.

$207.38 total

$30 bucks a rim x5

$10 bucks a ring.x4

$5 bucks waste charge

$12.38 tax.

The parts came out satin smooth ,were hand carted and placed into my vehicle and handled with clean cotton gloves.

They also do powder coatings hight temp coatings and ceramic on manifolds.

Owner and crew were pretty good folk. 

American Dry Stripping 

&Extreme Coatings

Milford ,Connecticut

203 876 9876

0105211710.jpg

• Like 3

I have an opposite experience. I have a 61 vehicle that has 4 original wheels to the car and a 5th wheel built a few years later but still with the correct nubs.  Had many coats of paint and took them to get cleaned up and now have only two wheels that the Kelsey Hayes codes can be determined.🥵

Robert 

1 hour ago, Robert Street said:

I have an opposite experience. I have a 61 vehicle that has 4 original wheels to the car and a 5th wheel built a few years later but still with the correct nubs.  Had many coats of paint and took them to get cleaned up and now have only two wheels that the Kelsey Hayes codes can be determined.🥵

Robert 

We never had problems getting Bugatti parts cleaned to as new condition. A photo of a 1961 Chevrolet wheel would be most educational to see. 

Bob 

The price you paid sounds about right for the wheels and rings. Media blasting here in Tasmania is currently costing A$270/hour, which would equate to US$209/hour. Painted in primer is extra. Unfortunately the local blasters are closed until the end of January, so I have had to do my own blasting. It is NOT my favourite job.