1925 Dodge Dist cap & rotor

Swear57

I have NOS caps and rotors.   Used ones - not so much.   Distributor caps and rotors are kinda like oats.  If you want good clean oats, you will probably have to pay the price.  If you care to wait until the oats has been through the horse, the price is a bit lower, but the quality is suspect

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Myers sells new caps for $75. They are reproductions and are black instead of the original brown, but they work just fine. Used ones show up on eBay from time to time but you have to be careful of cracks. I have bought complete distributors in the past if the price is right and have harvested the cap, rotor, condenser and point set. Sometimes it works and sometimes not so much. Good luck.

For those that really want things to just look right? It isn't highly recommended, however, on one of my past cars that originally had a reddish distributor cap for which only a black reproduction cap was available? I went to the hardware store, and bought a spray can of rust red paint, and sprayed a light coat on the cap. I covered the spark plug wire holes with plastic caps to keep paint away from the connections. It looked great! And I was often asked where I got such a good proper red cap.

I have done the same thing for red radiator hoses when real red ones were not available in the size I needed. Amazing how so few people realize that is what I have done. The reality is that we cannot (at least not without great expenditure for custom made items!) make our beloved antique automobiles one hundred percent correct to the minute detail. A little slight of hand can make them run great and look right.

Fire up the flame throwers!

• Haha 1