1903 Model A

190bear

I have been snookered into getting a 1903 on the road that has not run since he owned it. Of course I need help. The previous work was decent but some things not so great

First thing is where to get info on basic operation. I have owned T's over the years and am familiar with the planetary gear set up but....my understanding is the lever on the right side should be low and high and should lock in place. This one just applies the outboard band and has to be held in place.

The engine in it now is a two cylinder vertical L-head with an open valve train and an old Holley carb. I would like to know what make and vintage the engine is. No markings on it. I will need to find or modify a crank also. The crank snout is 1.25" diameter.

It uses Model T coils with a motorcycle battery in the glove box with a timer on the front of the engine. 

Thanks for and any help and insight

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1913.JPG

IMG_1914.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

The engine in this car certainly isn't correct, but finding an original that is might be difficult.  The Model T Ford Club of America has info available including a copy of a brochure for the car that can be found on their website.

https://www.mtfca.com/books/1903-4/

Good luck and please keep us posted.  Love to see these early cars brought back to life.

Terry