64' Headlamps and Dash pad

TallJohn

Greetings and Happy New Year. Just wondering if anyone out there has purchased the dash cap from OPGI and what do you think of it for $179.00? I re-upholstered my dash pad, looks good, but.....

Also  can any of you recommend a good brand of replacement headlamps you have put on your 63 or 64. Mine are original type and I would like something much brighter. There seems to be quite a bit to pick from out theer. Thought someone could narrow it down for me. Thanks. Have a good weekend.

Tall John, I’ve done some dash pads and sold them. My experience is you’ve got to take off the old dash cover. Sliding a new cover over top the existing makes the pad to thick to my liking. Just my opinion. I use DashTop from Reno. CARID carries the DashTop brand.

Turbinator

I have a set of H4 conversions for T3 bulbs I bought years ago (like 2005).  They work great but I don't think the company that makes them is in business anymore.

Wagner makes bolt in Halogen conversions for T3 bulbs (H5006 for the high/low and H5001 for just high) but like Mr. Tom T. points out, to get brighter you really need to get relays to pull from the battery directly and not put all the power through the switch.

Edited by CTX-SLPR (see edit history)