I stubbled across this picture today in a 1979 Volvo brochure.  At first I was going to submit it to the What is it? section for the two race cars in the background, however, upon closer inspection I realized that those two cars are made up replicas as you can tell by the way the hood is lifted with the attached rad in the one on the right.   It got me wondering how many other "pretend" cars show up in other advertising pieces?   A little bit of other trivia is that this brochure for a Swedish car, was printed in Great Britain, for the Canadian market.  

DSC_0284.JPG

DSC_0284 (2).JPG

DSC_0284 (3).JPG

That photo looks like it was taken at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Virginia.  They had an "antique car ride" there that was known as "Le-Mans" and the entrance was through a shed-like entry that resembled an old garage with neat old garage stuff lining the walls.  It was known as the "Le Mans Pit Stop."    Sadly, the ride went away in 2006.  It was always a lot of fun, although pretty lame for a guy who prefers upside-down twisty-turny roller coasters.

Terry

http://amusementpics.com/BGW/Rides/DSCF0200.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

That photo looks like it was taken at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg Virginia.  They had an "antique car ride" there that was known as "Le-Mans" and the entrance was through a shed-like entry that resembled an old garage with neat old garage stuff lining the walls.  It was known as the "Le Mans Pit Stop."    Sadly, the ride went away in 2006.  It was always a lot of fun, although pretty lame for a guy who prefers upside-down twisty-turny roller coasters.

Terry

http://amusementpics.com/BGW/Rides/DSCF0200.jpg

Terry I think that you nailed it on that one - why not add another country into the mix!  The cost and logistics just to produce this one brochure must have been enormous really for the final product.  It's not like everything could just be sent electronically like it can be today.

Don