Your Bookshelf

alsancle

1 hour ago, padgett said:

It is interesting how many books and cars I bought new that are now collectible.

There are a few magazines of which I have every issue to date, including Collectable Automobile, Octane, Hemmings Classic Car and Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car.  I still refer to all of my magazines when researching something on a particular vehicle.

Craig

8 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Wow, Erska, want to adopt me so I can read that second shelf?

Ben

Well, I don't think my daughter would go along with that! That second shelf has the books about the early 1900s road trips.  Happily mine are first editions, bought 8 or 10 years ago.  Most are available in reprints -- a good source is Abebooks.  

On 1/1/2021 at 9:37 PM, alsancle said:

I’m embarrassed to post my magazine piles.

To this day I can't bring myself to put any of them in the recycle bin - even duplicates (It took us 20 years to get rid of our university text books and even those I managed to give away)  I have taken to putting them out in the little library box out front of the shop for passersby to pick up.  I figure that it just may spur the interest in someone else. 

I wish mine were 1/3 as organized as y'all.

Dug into a bag of service books I got at 2019 Fall Carlisle and found a 1960 "Atlas Service Guide" for independent service stations (back when there were such things). It's an amazing book. It covers a lot of things that were probably common knowledge back then, but the service tips it has for 1940-60 cars are amazing.

This is the kind of stuff I like to find. Had it over a year and tonight was first time I looked thru it closely.

16096505440831554045643583800067.jpg

• Like 1