1924 Cadillac Victoria

Michelle Wright

Also, I know there are mouse droppings but no mice! we have an orchard and therefore quite a few walnuts. There were walnut bags near the car and the mice built their nests in those not in the cars. We will go over it with a fine-tooth comb but we did look for nests and did not see any.

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2021 at 8:29 PM, Michelle Wright said:

I see this shop near us. I don’t know if they would be a good fit?

https://www.zylstraauto.com/services/classic-cars

Michelle, I don't know that particular shop, but the

average shop that works on "old cars" would likely NOT

be a good fit.  These days, they would know 1950's

and 1960's cars and could actually harm your 1924 Cadillac

if they don't have expertise.

And a shop may SAY they can work on it, but not really

be knowledgeable.  References from owners of early cars

would be the best source;  but as you said, you might just

keep it in place and let the new buyer take care of things.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hi gentlemen and ladies. It’s been a little bit. I don’t know if you heard but Carl passed away last June. I hadn’t heard from him in awhile so I called and spoke to his wife Sandy.  Carl and I used to talk on the phone and email. He was a wonderful man. He was going to come get the car once COVID was over 

So I have another buyer and had a question for someone in California. Obviously, the Cadillac hasn’t been registered in decades. Does the buyer just go to the DMV and start a new title on it?

As usual, you guys are the best!

Michelle

5 hours ago, Michelle Wright said:

Hi gentlemen and ladies. It’s been a little bit. I don’t know if you heard but Carl passed away last June. I hadn’t heard from him in awhile so I called and spoke to his wife Sandy.  Carl and I used to talk on the phone and email. He was a wonderful man. He was going to come get the car once COVID was over 

So I have another buyer and had a question for someone in California. Obviously, the Cadillac hasn’t been registered in decades. Does the buyer just go to the DMV and start a new title on it?

As usual, you guys are the best!

Michelle

Michelle,   every state has different title rules.  You may want to start a topic in general.    If it were Massachusetts,  you as the owner would need to get a title (proving ownership history, vin inspection, etc) and then transfer the title to the new owner.

• 5 months later...