What is your project to prevent Covid boredom?

I have not seen that one yet!

Actually, all but 3 of the plastic models and 5 of the diecast models were built from the last week of August through the first week of November. It was the most successful time in my 21 years in the hobby. I finally put it all together, I had been struggling with things for years but got it all figured out now. I suspect 2021 may be even more successful for me. I've already finished my first build of the year. 

The 43 was driven by Bubba Wallace, Richard Petty owns the car. It was raced in 2019.

• Like 2
16 hours ago, JamesR said:

BTW, who drives the #43 car in light blue? I had presumed that number was retired with Richard Petty. Kyle Petty I suppose? I don't know much about NASCAR.

Bubba Wallace last year, He is moving on to a new team owned by Michel Jordan and Denny Hamlin.

Erik Jones will drive the #43 this season.

I am pretty sure that the Pettys still own the #43 team.

Kyle hasnt driven for several years and is on TV calling the races.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
On 1/5/2021 at 8:17 PM, 3macboys said:

For anyone using those holders make sure that you zip tie the pin in place with ties like these:   https://www.amazon.ca/Leadseals-PlasticTamper-Extinguishers-Disposable-Self-Locking/dp/B07K89DP2F?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&psc=1

image.jpeg.01c681eda2a03b05759dbb3f15ed6f59.jpeg

Don't ask me how I know.....

Agreed,

and learned the hard way leaving it loose in the rear of the Suburban 

Building an engine test stand that is modular for different engines.  I can return this to its original configuration of an engine stand and can break it apart for storage.  All done in 2" 11ga box steel.  This is just the base, I'm still working on the radiator components that will bolt to the front cross-brace.  The sliding crossbar will have the uprights set up to accommodate various engines.  The original upper part still needs to be cut and twisted downward to make it level. 

If nothing else, its refreshing my welding skills which are rustier than Carter's Renault on the Titanic.   

1517548462_IMG_7514(2).thumb.jpeg.2bbf8b8b6b838f6f87e74b43d1ac0c89.jpeg

My other project was painting this, not the usual item in local garages / workshops.  We have converted this fuselage into a flight sim for research.  I had some strange looks from my neighbors...  although I get strange looks from them every day.  

62932140098__D8EBA2D0-1251-49D2-BA3B-A3851946A805.thumb.JPG.25860dbdb9cdf6fc9d79a2aebb15e06f.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

After putting down my banjo 12 years ago(while under vailed threats from so called family and friends) and packing up my vintage ventriloquist dummy collection

( because I was hearing voices at night) I dug all that stuff out..And now have plenty of time for good sing-a-long fun to the wee hours with no cover charge...

The neighbors are a bit worried by  activety going with no visitor's cars in the drive .They hear loud voices ,a banjo and a piano (player piano) togther making music when I'm apparently alone....

Some folks are pretty dumb😨

On 1/5/2021 at 9:20 PM, 3macboys said:

Not so much a project for me, except that it is going to help to clean up the shop.  I have my two youngest boys, 16 and 24, designing and building a rack to hold front axles and rear ends.   So far they have their design and list of materials.  I'll supervise but they are doing all of the work. 

The boys are making pretty quick work on this one.  Now I'm thinking that another one may be in order to store bumpers....

The youngest has also learned to fix the seat  in the shop bathroom faucet, replace the furnace filter, build a cabinet for our coffee and lunch station (still need to trim it out and put an aluminum checkerplate counter top on), a little electrical work, change the oil in a couple of vehicles and since he just turned 16 driving so that he can enjoy the fleet!

20210120_141620[1].jpg

20210118_121608[1].jpg

• Thanks 1

Finishing the approximately 1,000 square foot attic so that things in the garage can move to the attic.......freeing up space in the garage for another car that I don’t really need.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1