1st Gen Rear Bushings - Reproduction

TKRIV

Three ROA members who live in Melbourne Australia were each restoring their 1965 Rivs and found out that exact replacement rear bushings where not available. So after lots of time spent thinking of ways to rebuild bushings we bit the Bullitt and looked to get reproduction bushes manufactured to exact OEM specs.

Dave who is one of the 3 amigos has an engineering background and had worked in the auto component industry. After lots of investigation and research we drafted drawing/documentation. 

We then agreed to split the tooling and manufacturing costs 3 ways. 

Now we have to recover our costs and help other ROA members & enthusiasts with the correct part.

Bushings are of high quality (you will not be disappointed) and our testing procedures (rotational, temperature, impacted & chemical) did not effect the bushings. 

We have keep 20 sets (6 per set) for our follow Australian Riviera Owners and the rest will be available in the USA Jan/Feb 2021  

If you wish to pre-order the USA Distributor is James Kehr of Best Offer Counts.

james@bestoffercounts.com

Phone: 215-767-0845

Tom Kunek ROA 3845

Dave Kidd ROA 13820

Bill McCausland ROA 15079

Bushes.jpeg

Edited by TKRIV
did "not" effect the bushings. Added "not" (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

John Forster sends me an e-copy of the Australian Riview and in the latest issue a set if six bushings was priced at $335AUS.  I have no idea how that converts to $US or how James will handle shipping.

$ 335 AUS is $ 255 USD at the moment.

Edited by Bill Stoneberg (see edit history)
  • Like 2

We have made an agreement with James that he will take orders for the USA & Canada.

James is in a much better position to process orders within Nth America and this will also mean quicker and cheaper shipping costs.

So please contact James for pricing and details. James can also tell you the other Buick models that use the same bushings.

Best Offer Counts.

james@bestoffercounts.com

Phone: 215-767-0845

If you live in Australian or NZ contact Bill McCausland on rivierabushings@gmail.com

Cheers

Tom, Dave & Bill

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

NOW IN STOCK!!!

63, 64, 65 Rivera Rear Control Arm Bushings

I am selling 2 different ways. A set of 6 control arm bushings and the 6 control arm bushing with the 2 track bar bushings

See the links below to my website for purchasing!

Complete Set:

https://bestoffercounts.com/product/1963-1964-1965-buick-riviera-rear-control-arm-bushings-track-bar-63-64-65-new/

Just the 6 control arm bushings:

https://bestoffercounts.com/product/1963-1964-1965-buick-riviera-rear-control-arm-bushings-6-rear-axle-63-64-65-new/

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2021 at 1:20 AM, Bestoffercounts said:

NOW IN STOCK!!!

63, 64, 65 Rivera Rear Control Arm Bushings

I just received my set today from James.

Anyone installed them yet?

Not looking for instructions. Just wondering if a straight-forward install.

I will do the panhard rod bushings 1st and leave the control arm bushings for next winter.

• 1 year later...

I'm considering these for another application. I understand that the bolt size is 1/2". I need the same bushing but with a 5/8" bolt. I'm curious if there's enough "meat" on the inner section to tolerate being bored out to 5/8". Anyone? 

3 hours ago, drhach said:

I'm curious if there's enough "meat" on the inner section to tolerate being bored out to 5/8". Anyone? 

Ask one of the 3-Amigos, Dave K. Tom K. or Bill M.

I wouldn't think so as the ends of the inner sleeve will have less contact area between the mounting ears when the bolt is cinched-up (after bouncing the car a few times).

Thanks for the Australian effort on this. I have yet to install the set I purchased from James K. Although, I did install the panhard rod bushes that he had packaged-in, a must!

On 10/15/2022 at 12:05 PM, XframeFX said:

Ask one of the 3-Amigos, Dave K. Tom K. or Bill M.

I wouldn't think so as the ends of the inner sleeve will have less contact area between the mounting ears when the bolt is cinched-up (after bouncing the car a few times).

Thanks for the Australian effort on this. I have yet to install the set I purchased from James K. Although, I did install the panhard rod bushes that he had packaged-in, a must!

Would you be willing to measure to O.D. of the inner bushing sleeve? I know the I.D. is 1/2".

That is my concern too. However, from the pictures, they look considerably thicker than stock. That's why I'm asking if someone would be willing to measure them. Nobody who actually owns or sells these seems to want to answer my question about the inner sleeve O.D. I guess my only other recourse is to try to find some kind of Urethanes bushings that will slide in.