1954 Cadillac Le Mans - Parts - $75,000 (Victoria)

GregLaR

There just had to be one more bizarro ad before the end of this crazy year and I think this one qualifies.

I'm gonna say his asking price is about $74,950 too high for this meager pile of scrap yet oddly, he has a title.....

oddball.jpg.ba6cac9ca3b60cb50c53fe7651ff2c58.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/d/los-angeles-1954-cadillac-le-mans-parts/7251825500.html

1954 Cadillac Le Mans. I bought these parts years ago from a friend of mine who found them in Southern California. I always intended to recreate this vehicle but I am old now and dont have the money I did 10 years ago.

All the details and many pictures are at a website that we created to clarify what we have. Go to:

https://emilye5.github.io/1954LeMansCad/

This will tell you the story of this vehicle and the parts that I have to this extremely rare and desirable car.

The parts that I have are from the Le Mans that was modified by George Barris for Harry Carl, the shoe king of LA. Most of the vehicle was consumed in a fire. Some of the parts that I have were in that fire, as you can see in the pictures. The majority of parts that I have was not in the fire. I am hoping that someone out there in Car Paradise will buy these parts and recreate this vehicle. It is one of the most beautiful examples of Harley Earl`s talents that I have seen.

Call me and let's talk about the Le Mans. I am open to trades. I do have a title.

Bill (361) 727-7029

Ad does say he's open to trades. 

I have got this nice highway cone I might consider trading but..... damn, that's a real good cone.

He'd have to pay shipping ...both ways. :lol:

cone.thumb.jpg.1f1ea5e82692bc3fcb7874776063d547.jpg

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Ben P. said:

I’ve got more Model T Ford in this picture right here⬇️ than he’s got Cadillac (or Le Mans) in all of his.

Yes Ben, no amount of pondering can make me understand this fellow.   For $75K he will give you a title but you need to supply your own car?

Good Heavens!

What an awesome concept! This takes the sales pitch to a whole new level.  I think you're missing the forest for the trees.  Building off this very concept, I would like to offer for AACA members only, what I consider to be an exciting opportunity of extreme importance. Have you ever thought about how incredible it would be to own the Biltmore? For the low low price of $350,000 I will supply a 3/4 acre site already cleared yet surrounded by trees, for you to build a 1/20th scale replica of one of the most storied homes in America. I will even furnish detailed photos of the original to guide the builder of YOUR choice. Please keep this on the down low. Only card carrying AACA members are eligible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, GregLaR said:

The parts that I have are from the Le Mans that was modified by George Barris for Harry Carl...

Harry Carl??

...the shoe king of LA.

Oh, THAT Harry Carl!!  😄

That nest of old wiring is kind of funny. May not be in as bad shape as it looks, though, if it was taken out that long ago. Here's a wiki entry for the LeMans, which was a concept car:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadillac_Le_Mans

Anyone have a photo of the car in question after the Barris Bros got done with it?

• Haha 1