Jump to content

Buick Riviera custom wheel cover center emblem medallions


KRmanr
 Share

Recommended Posts

For my first post ever I'll start with this. My '67 Riviera has the deluxe turbine wheel covers and as usual they are cracked and discolored. 

I found this company that makes custom Vinyl 3D emblems, decals, medallions (virtually any graphic design) -- and the price for (4) can't be beat; unbelievable! 
    3dcarstickers.com

Has anyone purchased these?  I am about to buy several sets. 

Google took me to these indirectly.

BUICK RIVIERA 3d car wheel center cap emblems stickers decals (Silver logo black background): 
https://3dcarstickers.com/product/buick-riviera-3d-car-wheel-center-cap-emblems-stickers-decals-silver-logoblack-background-/
-----
https://3dcarstickers.com/product/buick-riviera-3d-car-wheel-center-cap-emblems-stickers-decals-silver-logosilver-outline-ringblack-background-/

Screenshot_20201228-133510.png

204_enl.jpg

239_enl.jpg

Edited by K Rmanr (see edit history)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, K Rmanr said:

For my first post ever I'll start with this. My '67 Riviera has the deluxe turbine wheel covers and as usual they are cracked and discolored. 

I found this company that makes custom Vinyl 3D emblems, decals, medallions (virtually any graphic design) -- and the price for (4) can't be beat; unbelievable! 
    3dcarstickers.com

Has anyone purchased these?  I am about to buy several sets. 

Google took me to these indirectly.

BUICK RIVIERA 3d car wheel center cap emblems stickers decals (Silver logo black background): 
https://3dcarstickers.com/product/buick-riviera-3d-car-wheel-center-cap-emblems-stickers-decals-silver-logoblack-background-/
-----
https://3dcarstickers.com/product/buick-riviera-3d-car-wheel-center-cap-emblems-stickers-decals-silver-logosilver-outline-ringblack-background-/

Screenshot_20201228-133510.png

204_enl.jpg

239_enl.jpg

Has anyone purchased these?  I am about to buy several sets. 
 

Sir, I’ve purchased them and they come from Eastern Europe and for what they are not bad. He has a Devil of a time getting the color right on the R. I have these available now: 

The Turbine Tri Shield 1963 emblem available now . $40.00 each plus postage.

By end of January I’ll have the 63/64 wire wheel cover emblems available at $40.00. Additionally the 64 Turbine emblems wil be available as well. See pics attached These emblems  have never ever been on a car.

 

 

5427FBDC-CFC0-47F3-94C4-50D4BAAE9C5D.jpeg

 

013561AA-71C8-4E8B-9045-FEBB06995476.jpeg

Edited by Turbinator (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Will these work for you?

I got these in a deal with some other parts. Not sure what year or purpose they are for. If someone knows what these are for, please let me know.

These are 2.72" diameter, .178" thick. They come with a double sided adhesive disc.
3 are in the original unopened packaging. 1 is as new, but has been removed from the packaging. 1 has a very slight blemish.
All 5 for $25 plus shipping. 

If anyone is interested, message me and I'll send more pictures.

 

Jim

riv emblems.jpg

emblem edge.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ken

 

’67 turbine medallions are identical to those in ‘69 plain wheel covers. Extremely rare in good shape. I can show you how to restore them.

 

I have three non cracked medallions you can have for your dads Riv.
Not mint but very nice.

 

Happy new year

 

Paul


PS there are ‘69 plain covers on eBay now.

 

Edited by PWB (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, PWB said:

Ken

 

’67 turbine medallions are identical to those in ‘69 plain wheel covers. Extremely rare in good shape. I can show you how to restore them.

 

I have three non cracked medallions you can have for your dads Riv.
Not mint but very nice.

 

Happy new year

 

Paul


PS there are ‘69 plain covers on eBay now.

 

Just as an FYI, the standard wheel cover on the 1969 was also used on the 1970 if you need to expand your search.

Edited by Pat Curran
update info. (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, K Rmanr said:

For my first post ever I'll start with this. My '67 Riviera has the deluxe turbine wheel covers and as usual they are cracked and discolored. 

I found this company that makes custom Vinyl 3D emblems, decals, medallions (virtually any graphic design) -- and the price for (4) can't be beat; unbelievable! 
    3dcarstickers.com

Has anyone purchased these?  I am about to buy several sets. 

Google took me to these indirectly.

BUICK RIVIERA 3d car wheel center cap emblems stickers decals (Silver logo black background): 
https://3dcarstickers.com/product/buick-riviera-3d-car-wheel-center-cap-emblems-stickers-decals-silver-logoblack-background-/
-----
https://3dcarstickers.com/product/buick-riviera-3d-car-wheel-center-cap-emblems-stickers-decals-silver-logosilver-outline-ringblack-background-/

Screenshot_20201228-133510.png

204_enl.jpg

239_enl.jpg

 

I wonder if these guy could make a set of the 64 Wildcat center piece as a sticker?  Have to call them.  For those that don't know these are 64 Wildcat center caps (below), the outer area around the cat is supposed to be black with the chrome cat and chrome steel cap.  The 64 Wildcat had the Buick Road wheels, these wheels were on my 64 Riviera.

 

Art

20190721_112623.thumb.jpg.35864b581a71b4e3591f1537fd3e5186.jpg

20190919_084226.thumb.jpg.af3b0f7c0193b7d4ef0128f25b268c4c.jpg

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They can copy any image but the 3D effect claim can be misleading.

The “3D” reference is to the outer dome shape of the medallions. The image under the clear dome remains 2D.

 

I had a simple Chevy bow tie set made years ago and it was perfect for my set up. I wanted the colors to match my car.

 

But the image was not 3D.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you're not familiar with them, the 64 caps are totally different than anything that followed.  The Wildcat is stamped into metal.  In the picture above, the big chrome "ring" that you see is actually part of the wheel, the entire center cap is snapped inside the opening in the wheel.  I took these images off of an eBay listing. The seller is asking $599.99 for these four - which need some TLC.  They are rare.

image.thumb.png.1d567bbe16dde6f44e1eede986364cbe.png

image.thumb.png.bd70132efa15bfc31348baa73ef771c7.png 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:11 AM, PWB said:

R.thumb.jpg.d1ff9cce36d1e0b8b7a62148e502e0e0.jpg

 

I gave the last of my Riviera items to a cool cat from South Africa but I forgot these.

 

One last time - Does ANYONE want these before I toss them? 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PWB said:

 

I gave the last of my Riviera items to a cool cat from South Africa but I forgot these.

 

One last time - Does ANYONE want these before I toss them? 

 

 

PM sent

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2021 at 12:30 PM, PWB said:

Gone to first requester

Sorry if you missed out


 

I really dislike (say hate) how this site/page operates. It's one of the most difficult, user unfriendly forums I've ever experienced!  Navigation within, through, and all around it is nothing but frustrating to me. 

Rant over. Sorry I missed your offer Pat, on this and your Tilt Steering Column.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 8:32 PM, K Rmanr said:

I really dislike (say hate) how this site/page operates. It's one of the most difficult, user unfriendly forums I've ever experienced!  Navigation within, through, and all around it is nothing but frustrating to me. 

Rant over. Sorry I missed your offer Pat, on this and your Tilt Steering Column.

 

Turn on your automatic notification to your private e-mail address within your profile.

I sent you a P.M. months ago but never heard back.

 

So sorry. You'll find them.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2021 at 7:32 PM, wimpyv6 said:

Hey Turbinator.  Are those 63 turbine tri shields you have nos/reproductions/refurbished?

 

thanks, len.

Sir,I have refurbished and new old replacement stock. The refurbished are held the case I run out. I have NORS in the 63 and 64 WIRE WHEEL Cover and NORS for 63 and 64 Cast Aluminum Turbines. The emblems are $40.00 and $8.00 postage for four. $5.00 for 2 emblems.

Turbinator

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...