1934 Packard Super 8 Coupe, not mine

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

Other than the 120 the 34 coupe is the greenhouse Packard got right.

Yes, because all they did was planted a metal top on the coupe-roadster body!  Then immediately forgot how to do it that way the next year...

The amazing thing is no one bought the kit in the 80's to chop the top off and install the reproduction convertible top kit.......almost all the coupes are now open cars. Seen it a dozen times.

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

The amazing thing is no one bought the kit in the 80's to chop the top off and install the reproduction convertible top kit.......almost all the coupes are now open cars. Seen it a dozen times.

For that very reason, I'd much rather have a coupe than a convertible. I think the coupes look spectacular.

Nevertheless, there are some things you can always count on in this hobby, including a vast majority of collectors with a complete lack of vision and their need for greed.

• Like 5
4 hours ago, edinmass said:

I think that is to bad. Not the making of an open car, out of a closed car. The 33-34 Packard Super 8 coupes are a very good looking car. And for the money, a person gets all the Packard styling and quality in the lower priced coupe. Great buys in my opinion.