For Sale: 1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV - $4,000 - Marion, VA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV - $4,000 - Marion, VA
1972 Lincoln Mark IV - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive... (craigslist.org)

1972 Lincoln Mark IV, Triple Black, 460 V-8 C6 Transmission, Dual Flowmaster Exhaust, Edelbrock Intake, 650 cfm Holley Double-pumper carburetor, New battery/ fuel pump/ starter/ tires since I have owned it, about 4 years
HEI distributor, Mechanical Water Temp and Oil Pressure gauges added, Clear VA title.

Copy and paste in your email:  8fa3cc5c55b432c2b34baac3b574ceeb@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1972 Lincoln Continental Mark IV coupe.

'72 Lincoln Mark IV VA a.jpg

'72 Lincoln Mark IV VA ab.jpg

'72 Lincoln Mark IV VA b.jpg

'72 Lincoln Mark IV VA c.jpg

'72 Lincoln Mark IV VA d.jpg

'72 Lincoln Mark IV VA e.jpg

'72 Lincoln Mark IV VA f.jpg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, suchan said:

Only $4K?

Someone leave a raw chicken under the seat for a month, or what?

Looks good to me!

Yeah, if the drive train is as solid as the rest of the car looks, and if the car was within a 500 mile radius of me, it wouldn't be for sale right now. I understand that those are a couple of big "if's" though.

The car has been for sale for 13 days so far, so it could be there's something going on. Or it could be that it's a great under-priced car that's fallen through the cracks. Congrats to who ever buys it.

Continental Mark IV's, because of their original high sales numbers and decent survival rate in good condition, are in long supply relative to demand now.  Also, feeding a 460 ci V8 gasoline at current prices is a deterrent for many. 

• Like 1

Best year in a good color combination.  I think the high perf. "upgrades" and loud mufflers ard a real bad choice. 

Kind of misses his market with this blunder. Kids won't buy 'cause it's huge and American. Age appropriate buyers (us) tend to frown on a nice luxury car that a kid has decided to hotrod.  ....like a station wagon with headers and mags.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Carolina Chevrolet said:

I have no idea if it's a scam or not but that is a Marion Virginia phone number. I'm not very far from there, might give the guy a call and see what the deal is. 

If you do, please give us a report on what you find.  The performance modifications are easily reversible, it might be a worthwhile for someone who appreciates Continental Mark IV's.

• Like 1

Air conditioning had become standard equipment for 1971 as part of the automatic climate control system for both Lincoln Continental and Mark III.    The air conditioning compressor appears to be on the driver's side, tucked down close to the engine, follow the thick hose to see it.  Should not be terrible expense to replace the GM HEI distributor and Flowmasters with OEM components.   

• Like 1