Wanted 1920's Motor and gearbox assembly.

Wanted 1920s Motor & gearbox:- approx 1500-1750 cc. 4 or 6 cylinder,  Austin or Morris, or similar?  To suit semi sporting "Special". With Radiator to suit if possible.  Consider almost anything.

Prefer Somewhere in Australia but will consider elsewhere. 
You tell me what you have, what condition it is in,  where it is AND most important, how much money you want for it.

Surprise me!!

Bernie Jacobson     twooldlags@gmail.com 

Happy Christmas and a very much better New Year.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

I have now been contacted by email from a person claiming to be "Atwood Megan" offering to sell me either a complete Vintage CITROEN car or any parts from it that I may require. The use of the name "Atwood" rang an alarm bell in my head, earlier this year I was contacted by someone (I am sure the same person) offering to sell me some Renault Parts. That time I innocently paid out around $5,000 only to discover that I had been "ripped off"! Neither the parts or the person existed and my money was gone.

This time I am not "buying".

Anyone advertising, wanting to buy parts, BEWARE, this person is out there and as active as ever.

REMEMBER, If it seems to good to be true, it probably is a scam. BEWARE! Check and then Double Check before sending money off to anyone.

Bernie j.

Edited by oldcar (see edit history)

Happy New Year, hopefully I will not have to wait too long for a suitable motor and gearbox to find me 2021 is of to a flying start and I really canot make a start on the body until I have sorted out things like the location of pedals for the clutch and brakes. 

Meanwhile I will just have to be patient something I am not very good at.

Bj.

• 2 weeks later...

Here we are and the year is off to a flying start. I am still working away at cleaning up the chassis frame. With  the days tearing past I really do need to keep my mind on the job. I need to either find  another left hand front spring mount or fabricate sokmething that will do the job. While it is still comparatively early in the rebuild I can afford to wait a little while  and see if one turns up. First thing is to drill out the four rivets that attach it to the chassis rail to get the smashed one off..

Bj/

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, Rapier said:

This seemsto be a very one sided discussion,Ithink that I may as well give it up.

Bj.

That, or try a different approach.

Up here in the states I use a site called car-part.com and requests for old and odd parts go out to all the salvage yards on the network. Sometimes you hear back right away, sometimes it's weeks and you renew the request every month for a couple of years. I would think that there must be something like this for your part of the world. If not the car-part.com search form does have a selection for other than US & Canada. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Thank you Digger

I think that I should be able to source the parts etc that I may need here locally, I am slowly coming to the conclusion I am extremely fortunate to  have my Lagonda Rapier for so many years & miles. 

I really need to be thankful that I am as fit and healthy as I am today. I am extremely lucky that I had such a skilful surgeon all thoseyears ago and that as he had promised all my cancer was contained and has not re-occured. I am also incredibly licky with my choice of a wife who has been such a marvellous navigator both in life and on all our extensive overseas tours. 

I just have to learn if  it is not too late to be patient and the cars/parts that I really need IF  I really do need them, will turn up. Once the Lea Francis is finally gone and I have an empty space, I can move the Lagonda into there  and actually put my long suffering Peugeot in underthe car-port.

That way I do not have an empty space to worry about.

Problem solved.DSCN6983.jpg.79f97e14125babae54ef1246fd05970f.jpgDSCN7044.jpg.761e7af7e669a30638dbee7049e68163.jpg