Merry Christmas to all the forum members.

edinmass

Just wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas. While most of us are having a holiday that is substantially reduced in family members, we still have much to be thankful for. Enjoy time with family and stay safe. I would also like to thank everyone who interacted with me on the 1917 White........I have a bunch of new friends associated with the purchase and service of the car. We join the hobby for the cars......but we stay because of our friends. 

CE487150-120D-4231-8A8E-067813EBFFE3.png

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Merry Christmas from the other side of the Pacific where it is nearly 2 pm on Christmas Day.  It is also mid summer although the way the weather has been you wouldn't think so. Expecting rain this evening so there will be no beers on the deck. Two very wet days coming Sat/Sun. At least it isn't cold - temps mid teens Celsius (mid 60s F).  Typical of a small island nation surrounded by thousands of miles of open ocean.

With luck summer will arrive mid January.

• Like 4

In southern Florida it’s going to be a WHITE Christmas!

Front end is all together.........we will take a ride in the morning! 👍

325E463F-F590-4EB9-A477-F25E70796D3A.png

• Like 14
  • Haha 2

Merry Christmas Eddie and all.  In true 2020 fashion, the foot of snow we have had for a week or so will largely be gone by morning, the one day a year I find any use for snow... 🤔 Eh, will be a great day anyway!  Enjoy the time with family and friends, and of course Happy New Year!

• Like 5

Merry Christmas to Ed and to All my AACA Forum Friends :)

hoping the weather clears up and dries out so that i can take the 1930 Chevrolet Canopy Express out for a run. yesterday was 65F and then the storms rolled in, winds 25+ rain, and tornado warnings ;( today it was 50 when i woke up and supposed to drop all day and be near 22F tonight !! Brrrr

• Like 3

A Merry Christmas to Ed, and to all the other antique car experts who contribute to this forum -- it's tremendously educational!  And Best wishes to all from northern California -- may 2021 be better in every way, including more opportunities to get out with our cars!

• Like 4

Merry Christmas from Minnesota.  We had a blizzard here on Wednesday but, only received an inch or two of snow but, very high winds upwards to 50 mph.  Then the cold came as we were down to 7 or 8 below zero this morning.  Now it is sunny and supposed to be near 20 degrees (above) for a high this afternoon.

Hopefully, we can see many of the forum followers around at some shows in 2021.  

Tim

• Like 4

2020 has proven to be a tough year with the pandemic , my brother was sick and couldn’t get tested (he pulled through), my business disappeared so I am now retired which I was not planning, the wife’s car decided it needed a new transmission. The 38 needed new tires (a good thing as that meant I was driving it a lot), so overall not my favorite year. 
One good thing is I was able to spend more time on this forum and got to know many of you ( even though only thru the wonders of the internet) and the cars you all love. I learned a lot about these beautiful old gals (yes I know that is politically incorrect but the female gender is so much better looking than the alternative!) especially an old White. So a big thanks to all of you for your patience and sharing your knowledge, insights and adventures. 

Here’s hoping you and your families have a safe, healthy Christmas and New Year’s. May 2021 be filled with joy, good health and fun in all you do and especially in your car adventures. 
dave & Bobbi s 

Edited by SC38DLS
Correct word (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

We're having cold white Christmas.   Last night at 7:30 we had to leave our modern car at the end of the iced driveway and walk home up 125 feet in elevation on our 800 foot long driveway. 

It was good exercise for my two new knees.   1/4" ice and 1/2" snow on top.  I was going to drive some of the old cars today, but I don't want to leave them out if I can't get back up the hill to the barn.   My plow works on snow but not very well on ice.

I'm having a Merry Christmas anyway and hope you all are too.

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Spill Check (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Merry Christmas everyone. 2020 wasn't a bad year for me, I've been "socially distancing" since the late 1990s...I'm a pioneer. But, it was only the second year in my life I didn't get to a single car show. I may not truly fit in here, lacking the knowledge and ability to own an old car, but I read through every day. Thanks for all the interesting posts. 

• Like 13

Merry Christmas to all! As a car enthusiast in his 8th decade, it has been such an enjoyable experience for me to follow the story and progress of Ed’s White! Among many similar stores was the one by Touts and the Studebaker President down under! Thanks to all for sharing your experiences! I find myself opening my iPad and following these threads first thing every morning! Ed can’t wait to see what your next surprise will be!

Thanks again for sharing! 

Edited by g-g-g0 (see edit history)
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Billy Kingsley said:

Merry Christmas everyone. 2020. I may not truly fit in here, lacking the knowledge and ability to own an old car, but I read through every day. Thanks for all the interesting posts. 

Billy Merry Christmas but I could not disagree with your statement more.  You add a lot of insight here.  What's in the garage, or not is so secondary to the comaraderie on this forum.  Happy New Year also my friend.  Hope to meet at some point.  Steve

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Billy Merry Christmas but I could not disagree with your statement more.  You add a lot of insight here.  What's in the garage, or not is so secondary to the comaraderie on this forum.  Happy New Year also my friend.  Hope to meet at some point.  Steve

Yes Billy, I couldn't agree with Steve_Mack_CT more. Everyone can make a contribution. Everyone may not agree with every post or with every comment but it may just be what that one member needs to hear. It doesn't matter (to me anyway) how many of how few cars anyone owns. It's what's in his heart that matters

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, BearsFan315 said:

hoping the weather clears up and dries out so that i can take the 1930 Chevrolet Canopy Express out for a run. yesterday was 65F and then the storms rolled in, winds 25+ rain, and tornado warnings ;( today it was 50 when i woke up and supposed to drop all day and be near 22F tonight !! Brrrr

well around noon the winds died off, and the sun came out...

so around 330 took the 1930 Chevrolet out for a neighborhood drive. dropped in the battery and fired right up, perks of it living in a climate controlled garage :) did a few laps around the neighborhood so about a 20 minute drive and maybe 6-8 miles, but was so nice to get out and drive.

• Like 4

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. Probably just me feeling down on myself. 

I plan to never miss another Rhinebeck show if I can help it! There's a chance I've already met some of you guys and just didn't know it. 

• Like 3