Looking for replacement woodgrain trim for my 1980 Family Truckster.

Ed Luddy

I'll get better pic's after Christmas. This one shows the left door trim warp.

On the bright side, the rest of the car is very solid, leather interior unripped, and the 318 runs like a champ after a fuel flush.

Even the power antenna works!

dec17 048.jpg

• Like 1

Ed, I replied to another post w same title but that whole shebang has vanished??

Anyway, gist was to check with streetrod interior guys or custom stereo installers. If you have a piece they can pattern from, they can often work magic with fiberglass. Which BTW wouldn't be as susceptible to warping as the original Chrysler plastic. I daresay any NOS you'd find would be no better.

But that was Chrysler's top-rung wagon those years and it has the wagon cool factor. Just not cool enough for anyone to reproduce anything for it.

That's one reason I like the way Olds did their faux-wood wagons. Used chrome or stainless outline mouldings. No plastic or foam "wood" to deteriorate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rocketraider said:

Ed, I replied to another post w same title but that whole shebang has vanished??

Anyway, gist was to check with streetrod interior guys or custom stereo installers. If you have a piece they can pattern from, they can often work magic with fiberglass. Which BTW wouldn't be as susceptible to warping as the original Chrysler plastic. I daresay any NOS you'd find would be no better.

But that was Chrysler's top-rung wagon those years and it has the wagon cool factor. Just not cool enough for anyone to reproduce anything for it.

That's one reason I like the way Olds did their faux-wood wagons. Used chrome or stainless outline mouldings. No plastic or foam "wood" to deteriorate.

Hi, Sorry, but I deleted it to my spelling errors!

I'm going to take your advice on that. I have friend that does the molding process.

Cool! I like those. My brother had a very similar car about 20 years ago that he inherited from his in-laws.

I see the warped areas you're talking about, but they don't look too conspicuous. Too bad there couldn't be a heat gun fix for the existing trim (??)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Cool! I like those. My brother had a very similar car about 20 years ago that he inherited from his in-laws.

I see the warped areas you're talking about, but they don't look too conspicuous. Too bad there couldn't be a heat gun fix for the existing trim (??)

Thanks.

I'm hoping we can make a mould from the right side door and pour an acrylic copy. Did some research overnight, maybe a close match from the late model T&C minivans also.

• Like 1