1929 Chrysler 65, six cylinder water jacket covers

https://vintageandclassicreproductions.com/

This place has stamped repros that may fit a '29 (65)? ..not cheap

I have help guys make them out of heavy/ thick ,flat steel sheet metal..

Many do it if it's not a high end show car...

One similar pair for a 1928 Dodge Boys 6 we made over 25 years ago is still going with no leaks or rust out.

Many Thanks. Yes you were right, they do show the plates at $275. I think I will take your suggestion and make a pair of flat plates. No it's not a show car. Just in the family since at least the mid 40's maybe longer. It's a coupe with Rumble seat, nice condition, no dents some wood rot. Been sitting in my shed for 30 years. Time to get it going while I still can. 

• Like 1

You might consider contacting Jay email is astheime@ptd.net

I bought a pair of steel water jackets from him about 3 years ago for $40 and am very happy with them, he did have more of them so with a bit of luck he might still have some.

Hi Randy

I had some reproduced some years ago and thought I still had a set. I found one and can send you a picture if you are interested. If you know someone with a metal shop, they are easy to copy. I probably would not go with flat plates, as it may reduce water flow around the cylinders. If you are interested I could possibly have my son copy the one I have. I am not sure what the cost would be, but it would be reasonable.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...