A non car computer problem/ question about web browsers. Can any members help me out?

I know this isn't car related directly,  but I know some of the members here are pretty computer savvy and since it relates to my ebay business of car literature it could be somewhat car related just to keep the moderators happy.

Here's the problem. 2 weeks ago,  ebay must have downloaded an update as several things on their site went on the fringe including payout to all sellers. They seem to have fixed all but one of the problems.  I'm using a MAC running Safari and I haven't been able to send an invoice on that browser since.  I get the constant message of sorry it's us not you.  Everything else works fine.  I got a really nice lady at ebay that even called me back after a week after trying to figure out the problem she then sent a work order to fix it and for some reason they still haven't fixed the problem.  I can use my Son's laptop from school when he's here which is Google Chrome and that works fine.  

I found that I can run multiple web browsers,  but have yet to download anything else into my MAC as I'm happy with Safari. 

Does anyone know of a safe web browser that won't add a ton of crap to my computer that I can use,  just for invoicing on ebay?  I found a way to beable to open just one page with a different web browser so I will most likely use that feature and run Safari as my main browser. 

Any help will be appreciated as I do invoicing just about every day and often for multiple orders. 

I'm in the computing business. Everyone should have at least two web browsers installed, for the exact type of situation you are describing.

Within my large organization, we typically suggest the included web browser (Safari/macOS, Edge/Windows) plus either Chrome or Firefox. We support all four, with Internet Explorer on the way out.

+1 on Firefox, They have a version for all major platforms. I also use Thunderbird for e-Mail. Personally not willing to give Chrome all of the permissions it wants (do use Chrome on a Chromebook I use for Zoom meetings). Do use IE on XP platforms. Probably have four or five different browsers on different platforms but prefer Firefox for general use.

Appreciate the replies.  Looks like I will be using Firefox.  I was leaning toward them to begin with but wanted some professional or atleast user opinions before I downloaded it.  Shame I have to fix ebay's problems but then again we all know how friendly that site is to members. 

You might want to look into Opera and see what some of the views are about it.  That is main browser that I use, but like others I have four other browsers installed on my computers.  

Last year I was doing some on line training with an organization and the training modules kept locking up or going into a circular loop. I was able to finally finish it using Opera.  I started with explorer, then Firefox, then chrome and was finally able to complete it with Opera. 

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

Another good search engine that works without a lot of baggage is 'Dogpile'.  It is a metasearch engine so it compiles results from everywhere including Google and Yahoo among many.  Seems very fast and useful but I moved over to Firefox a while ago and just got in that habit.

Can trace history back to Mosaic and Mark Andreesson at DefCon in Vegas around 1994 or 5. Found some errors in the PRNG that they fixed.