Christmas and New Year images

Terry Bond

Victorialynn2 just posted a great image of Santa with a 28/29 Model A Roadster Pickup and was trying to ID the car and year, which of course was quickly nailed down by the forum experts, but it made me think - there are so many holiday images out there on old postcards and greetings cards, I though it would be a cool thing to do this time of year to share your favorites.  Every year I pull an antique postcard from my own personal collection and we make our own Christmas card.  Some years it's very difficult to find commercially produced cards with old car images so it became a do-it-yourself project for us.  I know this could easily fit under the "memorabilia" heading, but in view of the time of year, and in an attempt to get our minds off of a year that hopefully will get the heck outa here quick, felt this was an appropriate topic for General Discussion.   Enjoy the pics and let's see your favorites.

Terry

79F15365-B0B7-400D-A96C-E9A5B5A5F529.jpeg

Santa drives a gold car with toys.JPG

New Year kids in a car.jpg

Chlristmas Santa driving.jpg

New year happy new year.jpg

Santa in red car runs over snowman.JPG

New Years image 3.jpg

Christmas image front view early car.JPG

New Year image 7.jpg

• Like 15

Sorry about reposts, but here's some of my somewhat topic related images and even if they're not postcard, perhaps they cold be candidates for them.

Both taken within past decade, 1st during my annual Xmas morning (tradition) drive, 2nd during one of our annual traditions, "Welcoming the New Year in Joshua Tree drive and hike" (= we drive into the park before sunrise, start hiking and at the moment of New Years Day sunrise, uncork a (small) Champagne and welcome it ...

Another wonderful year end tradition my wife came up with several years ago is that about a week or so before Xmas she'll go through my iPad photo files to find a dozen shots of the Roadster or portion of it in some cool background or scenic location I've taken throughout that year during various day drives or longer trips and gets them printed and bound into two 12-month wall calendars for the following year. One for our kitchen and other for my shop.

They’ve become my most anticipated & cherished gifts, ever.

Xmas morning.jpg

CD75F69C-F3C0-40A9-B01B-8C1114BB4872.jpeg

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 6

I started a new tradition this year: decorating my Brill bus for the holidays.  Lights, ornaments, and a retro-style bus stop sign rounded out this first year’s display.

0D8C2372-DE7C-4208-A38F-F118C240CB63.thumb.jpeg.a163988ced4fb2efe8aaa88ea0dc8ccf.jpeg

I took cues from both Trailways and Greyhound ads and signs of the 1940s and 50s for my sign.  Their old ads are such wonderful works of art!  I hope I can get near their level someday.

D87E6A34-44C5-4DEB-9FE1-FD600FC85088.thumb.jpeg.9a71e714a4126f59e7ffb031fe678a91.jpeg

-Steven

• Like 10

Guest Mark McAlpine
On 12/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, Terry Bond said:

Victorialynn2 just posted a great image of Santa with a 28/29 Model A Roadster Pickup and was trying to ID the car and year, which of course was quickly nailed down by the forum experts, but it made me think - there are so many holiday images out there on old postcards and greetings cards, I though it would be a cool thing to do this time of year to share your favorites.  Every year I pull an antique postcard from my own personal collection and we make our own Christmas card.  Some years it's very difficult to find commercially produced cards with old car images so it became a do-it-yourself project for us.  I know this could easily fit under the "memorabilia" heading, but in view of the time of year, and in an attempt to get our minds off of a year that hopefully will get the heck outa here quick, felt this was an appropriate topic for General Discussion.   Enjoy the pics and let's see your favorites.

Terry

As Terry knows--because he provided the images--my wife & I used a lot of these Christmas cards for the back cover of our region's newsletter the years we served as editors.  Members seemed to really enjoy the cards and they definitely brightened up the newsletter.