1930 Delahaye imported survivor - $149,999

What am I missing here?

del.jpg.789384486b8f0d024976479804339617.jpg

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/d/lakewood-1930-delahaye-imported-survivor/7249874684.html

Trade for cash, property or home deed imported French history 1930 Delahaye Citadel armory officers car, St. Paul Vichy France, near Monacco, occupation, Resistance and bohemian parades 50s - 70s, 40 year Barnfind, 90 year patina. Should be in a museum. Value - priceless in normal times. Add this jewel to your collection for future profit. Hemmings motor news lists 4 Delahayes today at half a million dollars to price on request. Some sell for $3-5 million, import papers included. 949 432 2165 Chris, or make offer, taking bids.

What are you missing? 

I am guessing your asking in relation to price.......the answer is obvious.......

Bipolar!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, GregLaR said:

What am I missing here?

The way I rationalize something like this is I think about finding what looks like priceless artifact in a space I know nothing about.   I google the name and find out that something with a similar name once sold for 2 million bucks.   Not being an expert,  I'm thrilled but I don't realize that the relationship between the thing I found and the 2 million dollar piece is a similarly spelled name.    I then proceed to make a fool of myself.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

When I saw the headline,  I got excited,  then I saw the car and said,  wow other companies built a turd along with their exotic models as well. 

Honestly how many of you thought a 1930 Delahaye would look anything like this,  especially at that price? 

Not everybody was Duesenberg.  The biggest spread was Mercedes Benz.   In 1937 Mercedes built something like 100k cars.   100 of them were stuff that we think of in the first picture,  but 99,900 were like the last picture.

A 1937 Mercedes-Benz 540K Special Roadster by Sindelfingen to be Sold by RM  Auctions in Monterey - eXtravaganzi

Mercedes-Benz

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)

20 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

The idea that all Delahayes are worth the same amount of money.

That's the same with every Make Matt.  How many 53 Chevies in the garage that one thinks is a Corvette,  ends up being a 4 door 150, that's clapped out and rusted to the door handles? 

We have all chased something expecting gold, only to find out it was an afternoon of entertainment and disappointment.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, auburnseeker said:

We have all chased something expecting gold, only to find out it was an afternoon of entertainment and disappointment.   

And some of those goose chases make the best stories and memories being able to walk away with a good chuckle... kind of like that ad, I think it’s funny as all get out. Thank you for the chuckle, and Merry Christmas everyone!

• 2 months later...