To the Aussie and Kiwi members here

I want you guys to know how impressed I am with your restorations. All of you show skills beyond the norm. I have enjoyed following your projects all year. But I still think Matt is using time lapsed photography, no one works that fast. I get both Beaded Wheels and Restored Cars as hand me downs from friends. You guys not only restore to a high level but then take them out and drive {abuse} them on dirt roads and water crossings. I look forward to seeing your cars finished. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Many thanks for the kind words!  It’s fun learning and bringing these old things back to life so hopefully they go for another 100 years.  I hope that sharing our stories encourages more people to get involved and keep the movement alive. Thanks to everyone on the forum - I know it’s helped me out of a hole a few times:)

• Like 2

This is my ‘23 in 1974. Bought by my grandfather around 1950, given to my Dad in 1955 and driven till 1960 and parked behind our family bake house. This photo is the day I dragged it out as a 16 year old. I used to ride in it as a baby sitting between my twin big brothers. I worked extremely fast on this one. 18 years is quick, right?

6BDFDDEE-C3C8-47AA-8DA2-88E45C58EE64.jpeg

• Like 2

I think Rich replied to that perfectly Doug. This forum is fantastic I also have had a huge amount of help from you all and made some great friends, It’s a lot of what owning and rebuilding these old girls is about, love of the old cars and good mates. 
Ive been driving the roadster round for a couple of years now Doug hahaha. 
I wish!! I’m hoping to get a fair bit done over the Christmas break I’m having about 3 weeks of work to play on the Victory. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes it's a great forum with some really helpful people. I learn something every time i come on here. It is so good to have the encouragement and it helps enthuse me when at times the jobs can look at bit overwhelming. Thanks so much you fellas! Have a good Christmas.

Hope everyone has a great Xmas and New Year. I find I can come to this forum with my questions and getting a variety of responses ( humour included ) make this more enjoyable.

Its frustrating at times when you get held up with aspects of a build and its easy to see why people give up, but with encouragement from people we keep pushing along.

I don't have the technical skills a lot of the guys have but it makes up for it when I read what you do.

I think the winner goes to Ron this year with cleaning out the fuel tank in a concrete mixer....who would have thought !!!!

Take care all.

Cheers

Ian

p.s......I'll still be last to finish my car !

• Like 2

Ian, no you won’t, that honor will go to me!

Now I know that this post is not really directed to me, because although I do contribute from time to time, nothing like some of you blokes, both here and overseas and I find it very inspiring to see what you are doing, the problems you encounter and your solutions. For example, the brake spring pliers, never heard of them but ordered some yesterday. Don’t need them at the moment, but they will come in handy even if I never use them.

The DA is coming along nicely at the moment, but I will wait till it is on the road before I write up some sort of a story which may or may not be of interest to anyone else. You see, there were no computers or internet when I started. From memory, to keep records, I borrowed a bit of rock and chisel from Fred Flintstone.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the help and inspiration, keep safe and Merry Christmas to you all.

John

• Like 1

There was a reason I didn't try to name names. I know I would have forgotten someone. It seems most of the US projects are in a holding pattern, I have several. You guys are tearing it up and I like seeing what you are doing. I didn't get much  done this past summer carwise. I need to get pushing come spring as I am running out of time. My '24 didn't run all year and I never found time to get it running. The DA ran long enough to move from one side of the garage to the other. '18 sedan is dead in the water. I did get some car PART projects completed though, mostly rubber parts and a few for the '14 tourer.