For Sale: 1969 Buick Electra 225 "Deuce And A Quarter" - $7,000 - DENVER, CO - Not Mine

For Sale: 1969 Buick Electra 225 "Deuce And A Quarter" - $7,000 - DENVER, CO 

1969 Buick Electra 225 "Deuce And A Quarter" - cars & trucks - by... (craigslist.org)

The Introduction to a "Truly Classic Car":
I am selling my 1969 Buick Electra 225 Custom... As most of you car enthusiast are aware... This Classic has also become widely known as the "Deuce And A Quarter"... These cars have become increasingly difficult to find... Especially the 1969 4 Door Hardtop version of this car in good condition... If you do your research... You will find that the 1969 Buick Electra 225 Custom also possesses the highest value of any of the 4 Door Hardtop Electra's to date... Furthermore, to sum this car up for those who are considering owning this beast... It is simply a long wheelbase luxury sedan from the 60's with a steel frame and a Big Block 430 cu. 7.5L V8 Engine... This is back when they made REAL CARS!! The interior has phenomenal attention to detail and is incredible condition... Especially for being 51 years old... I also own a 1976 Buick Electra Limited as well and after much deliberation I have decided to part ways with this one... It was a tough decision but their can only be one...

The Overall Condition of the Vehicle:
Please note that all of the pictures listed above are of the same car... Some are just taken on different days and at different locations. I would like for this car to go to someone who will really appreciate and take care of this beautiful Classic in the way that it deserves... And as with all of these older vehicles there are some things that will need to be repaired or replaced in order to restore it back to it's original glory... Based on my experience with the car I am going to disclose what those things are to the best of my ability... I would rate the frame of the car a 9.5 out of 10 because there is a small ding on the Driver's side door that is hard to pick up in pictures... The rest of the frame from what I can tell is straight... There is hardly any rust on the car at all... I would rate this car a 9.5 out of 10 in this department as well... The only rust I was really able to find is on the front passenger side of the engine bay where the battery sits... I would rate the paint on this car about a 7 out of 10... The paint is fine the way it is but I myself would consider repainting it if I was going to restore it... I would rate the interior a 9.8 out of 10... As I stated before, the interior inside of this car is immaculate... The rubber floormats are original and could potentially use replacing but are not the worst... As far as the maintenance and functionality of the vehicle is concerned... I would rate it about an 7.5 out of 10... The engine will start and run strong and reliably but will begin to smoke mildly due to a small oil leak coming from the rear of the valve cover on the passenger side... You will need to have the passenger side cylinder head either machined or replaced in order to remove a stuck valve cover bolt which is causing the leak... I would also recommend replacing the valve cover gaskets as well... Besides that the only other thing that you will need to replace is the fuel sending unit so that the fuel gage will function properly again... Also just so you're aware... I've recently had all the shocks and struts replaced... I also recently had the brakes repaired and bought brand new tires for the car as well on the same day... I also had the fuel filter and the fuel pump replaced and I also replaced the thermostat a few months back due to the previous one being stuck open... Today I went ahead and replaced the thermostat gasket again because there was a slight leak that was coming from the thermostat housing which was caused as a result of replacing the thermostat initially... As of today I am happy to report that there is no more leak... I also bought a brand new battery for the car about a month ago as well...

Disclosure Statement:
I believe this to be a Great Car overall and the ONLY reason I am selling it is because it is just not financially feasible for me to restore both of these Electra's at the same time... I have been extremely honest about the condition of this vehicle and I have already taken all of this information into consideration prior to determining the price of the car... Please do not contact me with lowball offers, try to scam me, or attempt to insult my intelligence in any other way (This will not go well for you)... I know the value of this car and believe my price to be very reasonable... I am not desperate or in a rush to sell the car... I do not need help selling the car... I simply would like to conduct honest business with another honest individual and I am willing to wait it out if necessary in order to do that...

Serious Potential Buyers May Contact Me:
If you are genuinely interested in purchasing this Classic "Deuce And A Quarter"... Feel free to contact me by email, text, or call... You'll find that I am pretty responsive when it comes to my emails and text messages as I check them both multiple times throughout the day... If you choose to call... You will need to leave a message the 1st time because I do not answer numbers that I do not know... Once I listen to your voice message I will return your call promptly... Thank you for your interest... Good luck... Stay safe... Have a blessed Holiday Season!

Copy and paste in your email:  8c40a8260aed3b64a57d74d82dc965b7@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1969 Buick Electra 225 hardtop-sedan.

'69 Buick Electra 225 CO a.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 CO b.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 CO c.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 CO d.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 CO e.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 CO f.jpg

'69.jpg

'69 Buick Electra 225 CO g.jpg

• Like 1

They are great cars. This one's sharp and clean. 

Seller has taken care of the low-hanging fruit, and left the fuel gauge and engine for the buyer to deal with.

$7K would be a fair asking price if everything worked right. What might it cost to do the engine repair the seller describes, if that's actually the issue?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

...These cars have become increasingly difficult to find.  Especially the 1969 4 Door Hardtop version...

This car is not a 4-door hardtop;  it is a 

4-door SEDAN.  The roofline of the hardtop

and the sedan differed slightly, with the 

sedan's rearmost side window being slightly

rounded at the top rear.

With the condition pictured and described,

I would say that the car is worth half of his

asking price.

For contrast, here is a picture of a hardtop.

Note there's only a thin trim piece where the

center-post would be, and the rearmost side window

has a sharp angle at its top rear.

1969 Buick Electra 225 | Electra 225, Buick electra, Buick

• Like 2

John S: 

The seller of this Buick don't know or understand that GM was large enough and well-financed enough then to offer two different four door Electras then, one a full B-pillarless hardtop, the other a 'pillared hardtop-sedan' with half-door frameless windows but stationary thin B-pillars, both with different roof-lines.   In this era, such choice is inconceivable. 

• Like 1