Factory Jack and Jack Handle Questions

Professor

Greetings All,

I do not have a jack handle in my 1936 C8 and I was wondering if anyone could post an image of what a factory jack and jack handle look like.  Additionally, where are these items stored on a 1936 convertible coupe C8?  I do not see a storage location for the jack and jack handle as I examine the car.

Thanks so much in advance.

Joe

Hello,

On the '35 CZ Touring Sedan, all the jack components - jack, lug, handle, plate and engine crank are located under the front seat, specifically the passenger side as the drivers side has the battery box.  Perhaps the '36 'vert is a bit different but not a lot of other places for storage in these cars.

If no one else comes on here, I can take some pictures but it will be a little while as the car is put away for the winter.  This is why I hadn't responded to your head light question in an earlier thread, I haven't been over to the car in a few weeks.  Though once my water pump comes back from the shop, I'll be back over there.  Hope this helps a little, 

Greg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jonas.  I would love to see an under-the-seat picture.  There are no mounting brackets or open screw holes or anything I can see which suggest that my jack was ever under the seat.  This said, perhaps I am looking in the wrong place for the wrong thing.  Thanks so much!

Joe