ECM/IAC - Not an ideal idle

RiggerParish

8 hours ago, padgett said:

All we need is to have a Reatta with a 16 valve flathead four.

If you can do without the flathead the Chrysler TC folks might have the car for you. Their cars have a 16 valve four cylinder engine and they can even throw in a turbo to make up for the lack of a flathead. If you like the Teves brake system their cars have that too. :)

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Thank you Ed and Ronnie for the kind and encouraging words and thank you to all who contributed to what turned out to be a rather simple fix. It is quite embarrassing to be honest but I really don't mind, one day someone might stumble over this thread with the same issue and go out to the garage and fix it in 2 minutes. That makes it worth it! I have learned a lot of things about my car in the pursuit of a correct idle and as a result am a more competent Reatta mechanic!

The idle is smoothing out and getting lower as I test drive it so I'd like to thank everyone again for your sharing of knowledge and patience. This drive past is for you!

• Like 3

One thing I thought of this afternoon. Double check the TPS voltage with the throttle closed. I doubt it has changed significantly, but if the linkage was held open slightly before, it may also pull the TPS up. It has a range from .38-.42 so i9t is probably just fine.

• Like 2