Reese Duel Cam hitch assembly

Sure, the physical size difference is apparent. I have two 7K trailers and I don’t think I’ll ever need anything bigger. I want both trailers set up the same so I can use one hitch. I’m aware I can use the 12K bars on the 7K trailers.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Reese+Dual+Cam+hitch&rlz=1C1CHBF_enCA819CA819&oq=Reese+Dual+Cam+hitch&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i457j0j0i22i30l5.2363j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Dual is two, or double, but a duel is a fight. If you're getting sick of your fair-weather friend's dual personality, perhaps you should throw down your glove and challenge him to a duel at high noon.😊😊

23 hours ago, Bob Giles said:

Sure, the physical size difference is apparent. I have two 7K trailers and I don’t think I’ll ever need anything bigger. I want both trailers set up the same so I can use one hitch. I’m aware I can use the 12K bars on the 7K trailers.

Bob, we don't really know what the future holds. The day may come when you either go for a bigger and heavier car, and/or a bigger/heavier trailer setup. The 12K hitch. Holding onto the 12K may just be a good idea, at least in my experience. My first open trailer and lightweight equalizer also worked fine for my first enclosed (7,000 lb rated) trailer. I still have two 7K trailers, but also upgraded to a bigger all-aluminum model with a Pair of 6K axles. 

Of course only your decision really counts-

just offering an alternate thought as to the long term future

Best of luck either way

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...