Still looking for 17-inch trim rings

Matt Harwood

Need trim rings/beauty rings for my 1935 Lincoln. 17-inch wire wheels with a shallow lip. I have a set that are pretty close but don't quite fit as well as I would like. I'd be willing to trade or buy outright. Need six, but would settle for four if that's all you've got. Maybe some leftover Hirsch repros? Please let me know if you have even one. 

Here's how they should look:

35-Lincoln-K209-DV-17-PBC_01-800.jpg

Here's my wheel without the trim ring so you can see the lip shape:

Wheel.thumb.jpg.5333709d2aaa611ace70b3b21aa44bed.jpg

Thanks!

Kelsey-Hayes trim rings for Lincoln have been out of production for twenty years........gonna take a bit of luck to find them. If you spin some up, you will probably pay for your set. We made two hundred nine years ago, and sold them in about a year. Lots of work. Lots of money invested.Came out ok in the end.

Rim variance means you need to make two sizes......the joys of old cars.......been there, done that.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

On 12/10/2020 at 6:44 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Need trim rings/beauty rings for my 1935 Lincoln. 17-inch wire wheels with a shallow lip. I have a set that are pretty close but don't quite fit as well as I would like. I'd be willing to trade or buy outright. Need six, but would settle for four if that's all you've got. Maybe some leftover Hirsch repros? Please let me know if you have even one. 

Here's how they should look:

35-Lincoln-K209-DV-17-PBC_01-800.jpg

Here's my wheel without the trim ring so you can see the lip shape:

Wheel.thumb.jpg.5333709d2aaa611ace70b3b21aa44bed.jpg

Thanks!

Matt... Did you ever find 17" trim rings?

12 hours ago, dpcdfan said:

Matt... Did you ever find 17" trim rings?

No, not yet. I'm going over to Mr. Broadstreet's place, which is a few miles away from me, and looking through his stash with a wheel. He acquired a large lot of trim rings from a 1950s junkyard, so maybe I'll find some that will work. But I'm eager to find some so I can use blackwalls on the Lincoln without it looking like a Nazi staff car.

You always have awesome stuff, can you help?

10 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

No, not yet. I'm going over to Mr. Broadstreet's place, which is a few miles away from me, and looking through his stash with a wheel. He acquired a large lot of trim rings from a 1950s junkyard, so maybe I'll find some that will work. But I'm eager to find some so I can use blackwalls on the Lincoln without it looking like a Nazi staff car.

You always have awesome stuff, can you help?

Matt.... My dad used to love to collect unusual and rare wheel trim rings and fender skirts. Years ago he had a set of 6 of what appears to be 17" stainless trim rings straightened and polished, but never used them. Two of them are still wrapped up from the polisher's shop. Not sure of the depth of the rings, I'd have to measure everything. Here's a pic I took of them at the shop.

IMG_6985.jpg

• Like 1