For Sale: 1949 Hudson Super 2-Door - No visor! - Livonia, MI - Not Mine - 1/14 Ad Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1949 Hudson Super 2-Door in Livonia, MI  -  $8,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/717638108873957/1949-Hudson-Super

Seller's Description:

1949 Hudson Super 2-Door

• Driven 100,000 miles
  • Manual transmission
  • Exterior color: Gold · Interior color: Red

1949 Hudson Super 2-Door. Stored for years Not running complete car Extra motor RESTORATION PROJECT Under body good condition

image.png.af53efbdc3c5f75efff42d08dc6cc8b8.png

image.png.deca24815a8aaf7e60b7a4b073b9e5ee.png

image.png.f7cc6366bd16846661dc65236af8b45c.png

Image may contain: car and outdoor, text that says 'NH 60 08'

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1949 Hudson Super 2-Door - No visor! - Livonia, MI - Not Mine

I had a '49 Super Brougham that was this color when I was nineteen.  I learned something from that car. It didn't run all that well and the exhaust was always leaky. When I tired of the car and went to sell it, I figured I should put some work into the exhaust to quiet it down some. I bought some flex tubing (remember that stuff?) and a couple of muffler clamps as the muffler that came with the Hudson turned out to be OK. After I cut away the old rusty pipe and installed the new flex tubing. The Hudson was a lot quieter. But what amazed me  was how well it idled and even accelerated. That's the first time that I learned how important back pressure in the exhaust system was to how the engine performed.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 3

I don't know if it's true any longer, but there was a time when those tail lights -- the smaller single bulb Super ones, not the larger two bulb Commodore ones -- found great favor with Harley chopper builders. It probably didn't take much effort to use a die grinder or even a Dremel to reshape the back edge of the light to conform to a Harley rear fender. It was a sharp look.

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1949 Hudson Super 2-Door - No visor! - Livonia, MI - Not Mine - 1/14 Ad Deleted