64 Riv on eBay....looks like a deal

Smartin

Looks like he dropped the price at that.......  a bit suspicious IMO   but hey he gave his phone number so give him a call...

A no sale at 13k back in October

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-Buick-Riviera/114436130143?hash=item1aa4ecc55f:g:BL0AAOSwsK9fc3OM

and advertised elsewhere at 13K

https://www.usedcarssearch.net/detail/1964-Buick-Riviera-1964-buick-riviera_114436130143.html

https://www.trucks2cars.com/car-detail/riviera/1964-Buick-Riviera-1964-buick-riviera_114436130143.html

• Like 1

Salvage Title may be of concern with regard to ability to insure-

also causes question as to why the salvage title needed to be issued

• Thanks 1

OK Buick People:  Salvage title.  READ CAREFULLY.....

!). Big government consumer activists wanted to protect the public from buying something that could have been tainted somehow, thus a salvage or branded title. The problem is that it only means the title was branded "salvage". It doesn't help anyone because it DOES NOT DISCLOSE (some states may differ) what transpired. It could have been a titling issue, damage, but what kind?? Perhaps an insurance pay-off due to theft....and what were the circumstances behind  the payoff??? Again, unless one knows and trusts the principals involved  it's just a red flag without a pole.

2). How many of you out there would have fear of beating yourself up about owning a car with a branded title?  Much like matching numbers (which I think meaningless) at the end of the day it's not gonna make the car  better. If a car is good....it's good . if it's whatever....it's whatever.   We are bombarded with portrayals of people bringing back the worst imaginable vehicles and are awed by the transformation, so it's all perspective. How many really messed up cars are out there with clean titles?   More than I can imagine!!

3). The branded title does affect value. It could go in a big way toward a prospect as the value might be less and you're getting more car. Look at Hondas on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. The greater the value the greater sometimes the difference in price. The market will speak, and loudly.   Mitch

• Like 3

I know someone who bought a lightly wrecked almost-new car with a salvage title.  He spent a few thousand fixing it then had an inspection done allowing state to issue new, clean title then almost doubled his money.  This was in the highly-bureaucratic state of IL.

Look into process in your state - it may be just as easy.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just an FYI, I just talked to Issac, the owner and he also speak my language. He picked up the car in PA about two months ago. Salvage title because of flood damage. Without even looking at it, I won’t touch a water vehicle.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On an old car like that, I'll take flood over wreck.  If the car runs and functions well, it's not too hard to take seats and carpet out and inspect wiring, etc. and check rear axle oil.  Aside from that, there aren't a whole lot of opportunities for surprises that can't be found upon inspection.

Edited by lancemb (see edit history)
  • Like 3