Finally got my 1922 dash put together

Mark Kikta

Finally got all my parts back from the platers and put everything back together and in my dash.  Even the dash light works as advertised with the small round switch  on the combination switch.

Thanks to Morgan and Larry D for the parts so I could have a dash light.

4E4C4C4A-EAE2-4D92-82C3-8C0DB16C9CD0.jpeg

B5D57A61-6837-438F-94A3-756D409987E1.jpeg

• Like 5

Mark, it looks great. I have been searching for a dash light for my 1921 45 touring as I currently have a hole in the dash where it is supposed to be. I found odds and ends and Model A Ford lights at swap meets before Covid hit last spring. Did you by chance end up with an extra light that could be rebuilt and if so willing to sell?Thanks,

Chuck

2 hours ago, chuckfmtexas said:

Mark, it looks great. I have been searching for a dash light for my 1921 45 touring as I currently have a hole in the dash where it is supposed to be. I found odds and ends and Model A Ford lights at swap meets before Covid hit last spring. Did you by chance end up with an extra light that could be rebuilt and if so willing to sell?Thanks,

Chuck

I think I have one. Let me look.

11 hours ago, chuckfmtexas said:

Thanks 

Chuck

The two that I have lack the little fiber insert with the wires and bulb contacts. They also lack the lamp shades. If you want one send me $5 for shipping, at least this way you will fill the hole in your dash. You probably can find the bulb contact at a parts store.

Morgan Wright

7272 Barkersville Rd

Middle Grove, NY 12850

DSCN3727.JPG

DSCN3728.JPG

DSCN3729.JPG

DSCN3730.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Question regarding removing the speedometer on my 1919 H 45.  After fixing the swivel and mounting down at the RF wheel, the third time out something kinked and I heard a SPROING! and the drum stopped turning.  How much twisting and turning and contorting does it take to get the speedometer out of the dash?

3 hours ago, chas1963 said:

Question regarding removing the speedometer on my 1919 H 45.  After fixing the swivel and mounting down at the RF wheel, the third time out something kinked and I heard a SPROING! and the drum stopped turning.  How much twisting and turning and contorting does it take to get the speedometer out of the dash?

Almost none. It comes right out.

42 minutes ago, Oldtech said:

Should be the cable, the light, and 2 nuts that hold a U bracket on the back of the unit. The sproinging was likely the cable.

Exactly. But it's a chain not a cable, you just unscrew the housing. And there is no light. And no nuts or U bracket, it just snaps right out.

On 12/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, Morgan Wright said:

The two that I have lack the little fiber insert with the wires and bulb contacts. They also lack the lamp shades. If you want one send me $5 for shipping, at least this way you will fill the hole in your dash. You probably can find the bulb contact at a parts store.

Morgan Wright

7272 Barkersville Rd

Middle Grove, NY 12850

DSCN3727.JPG

DSCN3728.JPG

DSCN3729.JPG

DSCN3730.JPG

Sorry, just saw this post, I did not get the email notice that there was a response.  Money on the way, 

thanks

Chuck