1928 Dodge Brothers Victory Six 5 Window Coupe Restoration Add Tag

Ted Levitt

On 1/26/2021 at 7:03 AM, Ted Levitt said:

Sounds good. I’ll get to work on it my friend. 

Hello Ron,   I just received a sample proof that look amazing  of the logo and all. I am now working on figuring out a good way to have it printed on material to rivet or bolt to the gauge.  I’ll keep you posted. I’ll get a bunch made so I can offer them to others that have a need for them.  

F526BA17-7A3D-44F7-B6F9-9101F32639BA.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ted Levitt said:

Hello Ron,   I just received a sample proof that look amazing  of the logo and all. I am now working on figuring out a good way to have it printed on material to rivet or bolt to the gauge.  I’ll keep you posted. I’ll get a bunch made so I can offer them to others that have a need for them.  

F526BA17-7A3D-44F7-B6F9-9101F32639BA.jpeg

That looks Great Ted. I will buy one for sure. 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ted Levitt said:

The gas tank face is just about done. Just have to make a few adjustments on the fonts and spacing. They will only $15. Hope everyone likes them.  Will be out of town next week then when back will get them done and ready to send out to whom ever would like.  

6D741800-4600-42BD-B287-8EB5DC9E7FAC.jpeg

695CCCA8-9A81-418B-9C3B-36D49ABE9B8B.jpeg

Nice, they look good Ted!  How did you end up doing the face - was that printed on a sticker or some other method?  Did you manage to scan one to create the artwork or create from scratch? I need to re-do a few gauge faces but mine are white.

10 minutes ago, RichBad said:

Nice, they look good Ted!  How did you end up doing the face - was that printed on a sticker or some other method?  Did you manage to scan one to create the artwork or create from scratch? I need to re-do a few gauge faces but mine are white.

From two original faces I took pictures of them and my sister put them in her computer and made one good one from the two pics and they are printed directly on the metal disc. I think the process was called sublimation?   They won’t scratch or peel, probably last longer then the originals. I just have to drill the holes when she gets them done. If you send me pics of yours she could make them for you.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ron Lawson said:

Great Video Ted The Watson's on my 2249 are an earlier version than yours To adjust mine you use a special Watson tool and a set of spring scales 

Yes.  the proper way to adjust these stabilizers is like you said with a spring scale.  But from my experience and speaking with others that stabilizers and the next generation of shocks that were put in these cars didn’t do much.  And when hand tightening using about 1 & 1/6 turns gives it the pressure needed to where it wasn’t originally set. But bottom line your method is the correct way. Thanks for adding that my friend. 

4 hours ago, Mattml430 said:

Great video Ted I’ve actually never seen that style shock before so it was interesting. 

Don’t quote me but t to GE information is in the CD put out by John Bittence on Dodge Brothers Victory Six. A must have for anyone that has a Victory Six. It’s sold by Tom & Cindy Myers of Www.MyersEarlyDodge.com for only $10.  I actually printed it out and made my own shop manual from if, over 500 pages.  It has just about everything there is to know about victory six’s, specs history, everything.  As for this shock/ stabilizer, if I remember correctly they were put only on the front of the cars in early 1928 and rear ones were an option. Then that put them on standard and then late in 28 switched to the hydraulic knee action shock forget the name. And the became the standard for a while.  

2 minutes ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Ted, your gauge face came out perfect. If you have a hand held Roper Whitney punch you could punch the hole instead of drilling it and they would look factory. If you don't have one you can borrow mine. What is the hole size?

Great ideal, will give it a try... Thanks

Hello Everyone,  Here is an updated picture of the Dodge Brothers Victory Six Gas Gauge.  The are work is now done and just waiting on the round metal disc that they are going to be Sublimation/printed on.  Should have them ready to ship very soon.  Just let me know how many anyone wants.  They will only be $15.00 each.  The three dots you see in the center are where I will be putting the holes for the two rivets & dial stem to come through.  

IMG_0544.jpg

Edited by Ted Levitt (see edit history)
  • Like 1

They look perfect Ted very nice job. Ron and I will take 4 all together. If any other Aussie’s want them we might be able to post them all to me and then I can post them on from here. Might save on international postage. 
I’ll fix you up through PayPal for mine and Ron’s if that works. I think Terry might want one also so that would be 5 to us so far  
👍👍

Edited by Mattml430 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Ted Levitt said:

Hello Everyone,  Here is an updated picture of the Dodge Brothers Victory Six Gas Gauge.  The are work is now done and just waiting on the round metal disc that they are going to be Sublimation/printed on.  Should have them ready to ship very soon.  Just let me know how many anyone wants.  They will only be $15.00 each.  The three dots you see in the center are where I will be putting the holes for the two rivets & dial stem to come through.  

IMG_0544.jpg

Beautifully done! Count me in for two please.

Bill

• 3 weeks later...

Little update on the 1928 Dodge Brothers Victory Six 5 Window coupe. Working on the mounting the tires on the rims, sanding the wooden spoke wheels, put epoxy on them, sanded more, primed & Stripped down the grill shell to get ready for plating. The wooden spoke wheels needed a lot of work. Primed the spoke wheels, but still need a little work, hoping to get color on them this weekend. And starting to practice pin stripping. I think I can pin stripe them and the car, so I'll have to practice this week and give it a shot.

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

63606596802__451AAFAC-F2B9-44FA-BB0A-4C9622606565.jpg

IMG_0678.jpg

IMG_0640.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0392.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 2:44 AM, Mattml430 said:

You’ll kill Ted. 

Have the wheels painted, have to do some sanding on the clear.  And practice on pin striping this week.  Hope to have them on the car soon.  Will start working on the body while waiting on the engine to get back from the machine shop.   

36642BF0-4FF1-4845-93CB-EB2AD2E92620.jpeg

C1FB5377-3E5F-4EAA-9431-4F3FC65DCB1C.jpeg

48417AE4-D134-4E45-9E2D-095A6212F937.jpeg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Mattml430 said:

Looking good Ted. That’s a great set up for painting in the shop. How do you stop your feet sticking to the plastic. 

I put little plastic bags over my shoes, maybe have to change them every third time i go in and out to fill my gun. Seems to work well. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update on 1928 DodgeBrothers Victory Six coupe.  I wasn’t happy with he clear coat, don’t know why but I only put in two coats, so I sanded it and re- cleared it with another 4 coats, and it was a lot better, now wet sanding, compounding and polish. It’s only the 3rd car I painted on the last 35 years or so.  But I thank be my friends for a lot of good advice ( Wayne E, Patrick W, & Dave S).  Couldn’t do it without good friends. Thank you, enjoy.

D384AB5A-28EC-4745-AC1C-51A363EA992B.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Your doing an excellent job of that car if it’s only your 3rd car you’ve painted. 
It’s looking great Ted you’d have to be happy with that. 
If I’m going to wet rub a job back I always try put 4 wet on wet coats gives you plenty to rub back without the risk of rubbing through to the base coat or undercoat. 
Keep up the good work Teddy. 👌

• Like 2

• 3 months later...