Newb in WA

Greetings from the Pacific NW!

I'm very pleased to join this website and see all of the very helpful posts from other members. I've owned and loved multiple Buicks, most sold to others due to now my ex-wife... should have kept the cars! My current wife and I graduated from high school in the early 70s and decided to get a "sunny day nostalgic cruiser." We settled on the the 3rd generation Rivieras as I've always admired the boat tail lines. Sometime this week I'm traveling to the Seattle area to inspect and possibly purchase a 72 Riv... wish me luck!

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum.  I've owned 5 Rivieras and 2 Reattas over time.  I especially like the '71-'72 Rivi's but am also partial to the 7th generation (86-93).  If you haven't already, you might check out the Riviera Forum further down the Buick Forum page.  Also, seriously consider joining the Riviera Owners Association at www.rivowners.org....great bunch of folks. 

Edited by dship (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you for the advice. I joined the ROA a few weeks ago after seeking out advice from ROA Director Ray Knott on avoiding scams. My initial search for a boat tail resulted in identifying a Russian auto scam site (eautoriders.com) and another scam advertisement selling a https://usclassifieds4all.com/details.php?id=727980&listing=363276t.  These creative criminal scumbags responded with an email from the owner, none other than Robert Ballard of Titanic fame! He was on assignment for NatGeo overseas, but had a middleman who would sell his car...  Luckily I overcame being starstruck and toyed with them for a while. Again, I look forward to gleaning as much information on the 72 Riviera as I can from the Riviera knowledge base.

• Like 2