What's hidden in the shipping container?

89tc

I was looking at this MR2 for sale and noticed the seller left one of his storage boxes open in the background. It looks like a 1968 Buick skylark convertible is hidden in there but maybe someone else has a better idea of what it is...

00L0L_iivR9FeIWUy_0x20oM_1200x900.jpg

There is nothing like a good used truck body  to store your precious toy.

Put in lots of rat poison, ( it's better to have a dead rat than a chewed up leather seat) have a vent up high on the side,  keep them spread apart to limit fire damage and you are set for the winter.

15 hours ago, 89tc said:

I was looking at this MR2 for sale and noticed the seller left one of his storage boxes open in the background. It looks like a 1968 Buick skylark convertible is hidden in there but maybe someone else has a better idea of what it is...

My vote is 70 Lemans.

36 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Drag the silver thing out of the way and save the pickup, if you are in the mood and feel neighborly pull the door down on the trailer as you leave. Bob 

Apparently you and I think alike...although I'd have made reference to the 'rusty' silver thing.  As the picture is just shy of being 10 years old, if left as it was, most of that rusty silver thing most likely has returned to Mother Earth.  I'm curious of what the yellow thing is to the right of the rusty silver thing. 

31 minutes ago, alsancle said:

My vote is 70 Lemans.

Really? I've got the window sticker from the one my sister & I went halves on, out the door for around $3,600. It was in the showroom with Santa & gifts in the back seat. Year end thought to sell with stick shift 350. 90MPH+ on the way home from the Kempton Swap Meet in 1971, my first hiway award. Did meet Dr. Patt and closed the deal on a 1933 Lagonda that I regret selling a few years later. Bob

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

Really? I've got the window sticker from the one my sister & I went halves on, out the door for around $3,600. It was in the showroom with Santa & gifts in the back seat. Year end thought to sell with stick shift 350. 90MPH+ on the way home from the Kempton Swap Meet in 1971, my first hiway award. Did meet Dr. Patt and closed the deal on a 1933 Lagonda that I regret selling a few years later. Bob

I'm just guessing based on the bumper.  It certainly looks like a GM A body.