1915 Ford Model T, Pacific North West

Here is a entry level Brass T that appears to be a decent deal. Brass cars are somewhat scarce in this neck of the woods. If the border was open I would be tempted to at least have a look.

$14,000,00 Asking price.

https://eugene.craigslist.org/cto/d/florence-ford-model-1915/7232194119.html

Greg

01313_Rh5slNrmJw_0kE0hy_1200x900.jpg

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

Doesn't look like a bad buy, just remember that a lot of 1915 T's are 1916's with a brass radiator.  Makes a difference for HCCA events, though they seem to be somewhat flexible.  One should never buy any T without having a T person standing next to them.

I agree about the 1915 / 1916 thing, but 1916's already have the brass rad. As far as I can tell there is no difference between them except for the engine number.

Once a 1916 block is switched for a 1915 the car is effectively a 1915. I am not aware of any other differences however I am definitely no expert. Anyone know for sure ?

Greg

Greg.......lots of small details........I have a 15 T touring. The changes in production have gotten narrowed down to specific dates in a given month. Even then, scholarship is not universal.

Placement of rivets In the body, tail light bracket, electric horn, and a bunch of other stuff. My car has the electric horn.......that was only used for seven weeks........lots of similar details. If you have a T that isn’t correct.........no need to worry as the Ford guys will hit you in the face with a large dead fish and explain it. They are a great bunch of guys, but they make the numbers matching Corvette and Mercedes guys look like amateurs

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

....no need to worry as the Ford guys will hit you in the face with a large dead fish and explain it. They are a great bunch of guys, but they make the numbers matching Corvette and Mercedes guys look like amateurs

No kidding Ed, the “model T police” have gone over my Model T many times telling me what every incorrect part is. I like to tell them that’s interesting but they could help me by telling me something about my car I don’t know!

710E0028-5D13-423E-B686-2E01799A0E54.png

Edited by Jeff Perkins / Mn (see edit history)
  • Like 2