‘61 Electra Convertible

MrEarl

I’ve asked for more info on the rust and engine and when last on the road. 

Is this the original upholstery? what’s the deal with the plastic over the rear carpet reckon
These convertibles have always been a fave of mine but sadly not in the market these days. 
@Thriller 

Earl,

I`d assume that is the original leather upholstery, pretty sure the Electra had that option.

I once bought a `65 Catalina with 20K miles with that plastic across the rear carpet. I`ve also had other cars on which I`ve removed the door sill plates to find remnants of clear plastic. I`m going out on a limb here and propose the cars were delivered to the dealers with that clear plastic covering the carpeting.

Probably a babied garage kept car by the looks of it. The unanswered question is what`s left of the frame and floors?

Thanks for posting,

Tom Mooney

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

On 2/28, Seller reduced price to $8,500 and relisted: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/779512862675519/1961-Buick-Electra-225-Convertible

Seller:  https://www.facebook.com/ironcitygarage/     Phone #:  (412) 335-6100

Seller's Description:

1961 Buick 225 Electric Convertible, for sale by Iron City Garage, Pittsburgh PA 

• all original complete car, the nail head engine does not run it is frozen solid seized up
  • the convertible top does not leak
  • the car rolls easily, the front tire does hold air for weeks before it goes flat
  • the interior is in excellent condition for age
  • the car does have Rust down low on the body
  • I have a clean title in hand
  • I can deliver the car anywhere as well as ship overseas

image.thumb.png.0ec31a7254144ea6b5db66c00a358fb4.png

image.thumb.png.567184aa3eae3bdf647fad44b58ea9a7.png

image.thumb.png.e0fa7c6e2295577a4fefe4ad8518852a.png

image.thumb.png.5aee947dd8e94071ed6aaceb90a65102.png

image.png.10cd97a3e1ad795a78e1e1eb9a05be92.png

image.png.e8705cec502cfcfe900aea886123380e.png

image.png.fab6907e926ddfeb76668e3ab2bb6de6.png

image.thumb.png.46ecca33e4e3d34955bffc4cce0cffa5.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Typical rusty car from the northeast saltbelt. Rust is always worse than it looks. If the car's been for sale for 3 months with no takers, it's probably not worth the asking price. 

• Like 2

Seller says, "has some rust in floors, not bad tho. Needs rear body mount" I believe these guys do a lot of buying out west for trucks and truck parts. Probably picked up the Buick locally at is has a PA inspection.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 10:09 AM, The 55er said:

Typical rusty car from the northeast saltbelt. Rust is always worse than it looks. If the car's been for sale for 3 months with no takers, it's probably not worth the asking price. 

This!  

I have fixed my share of rusty cars. I have no plans to do it again.  This is a cool car but I wouldn’t touch it for anything. Maybe a parts car, as much as I hate to see another interesting car gone. 

- John

• Like 1