What happened to the Plus (+) tally count with each member?

8 hours ago, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

With each member the number of post is listed, as it has been, but now the number of (positive reaction +'s)  under the posters moniker have been removed?

Just wondering? 

Jim,  I just gave you a "like" but you will never know about it now!

• Like 1

I usually find it's the guys with 100 or often even less than 10 that come on here shooting their mouth off and telling each member how wrong they are.

Before getting offended I look at that post number and it confirms what I'm thinking so I can just move on.

I think as much as we try to help out new members,  we often tend to put even more effort into helping someone out when they are a seasoned member that regularly contributes.  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, auburnseeker said:

I usually find it's the guys with 100 or often even less than 10 that come on here shooting their mouth off and telling each member how wrong they are.

Before getting offended I look at that post number and it confirms what I'm thinking so I can just move on.

I think as much as we try to help out new members,  we often tend to put even more effort into helping someone out when they are a seasoned member that regularly contributes.  

You also see what seems to be blatant troll activity with the "crate motor" BS.   But when you see the post count of 10 you can whistle right past and safely know they will be off somewhere else soon.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

That,s because so many newbies show up to ask a question, usually one they could answer themselves if they had a manual. Forum members then spend thier time researching and answering said question only to hear nothing further from the newbie. 

I,ve learned that lesson the hard way and more than once......bob

• Like 5

Well, I hope and believe I will be around here long enough to see you three guys turn 10,000. I ain’t gonna get there, congrats, albeit somewhat prematurely. And , hey padjett: early salutations and recognition for 22 thou’ !   Certainly everything right about recognizing dedicated contributions to this wonderful universe of AACA.    -    Carl

On 12/3/2020 at 11:26 PM, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

With each member the number of post is listed, as it has been, but now the number of (positive reaction +'s)  under the posters moniker have been removed?

Just wondering? 

I suspect it wasn't intentional.  It may have been

an accidental result of making some adjustment

or upgrade to the software.

If someone alerts the forum administrator, he

can surely get it back to working as usual.

• Like 2

On 12/4/2020 at 8:52 PM, alsancle said:

Number of posts is really important.   When two guys are rolling around in the mud it is hard to tell which one is the drunk until you see the post count of 5 vs. 8k.

What ?  We've got to get into the mud and roll around with each other ?  I'm out !    LOL   You guys are funny.

I did enough rolling around in the mud when I was working for a living. While I do prefer to talk about the cutting edge technologies and electronic systems we worked on, the towers I climbed, the foundations of the internet and satellite dishes. Our small contracting company did whatever needed to be done to keep communications systems working. When an underground cable failed? Often in the winter? We didn't get to wait until a nice day to dig down and repair the failure. Many times I got home soaked to the skin and covered in mud. I kept a change of clothes and a worn out pair of "mud boots" in the truck for days when I really needed them.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Morgansdad said:

What ?  We've got to get into the mud and roll around with each other ?  I'm out !    LOL   You guys are funny.

I'm willing to do it, but only if both or at least I get to be drunk and the looser pays for the drinks, although it'll probably befell on me.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Haha 1