1948 Ignition switch question

Hi can anyone tell or show me how the light for the 1848 Continental ignition switch is supposed to be fixed to the dash?  Its shown in the wiring diagram and I have a wire and bulb coming out of the harness, but I can’t figure how it was originally mounted.

Thanks Tom, I was able to find out that I’m missing a tiny metal spring clip that holds the bulb and it secured to the switch by one of the bottom screws.  All I have to do is locate that small bracket.  

And thanks for always responding!

John, could the bulb mount in the hole you show in the blue dash paint?  It appears the bottom chrome bar on the radio grill extends out far enough from the blue dash metal to fit the bulb underneath the chrome, and then the light might shine out the gaps in that area or possibly out a light hole out the left side of the bottom bar of the radio grill corner piece? Paul1342028685_1948ContRadioGrill.thumb.JPG.4fc240745d4b81c163704b8a07e243e4.JPG

Thanks for the response.  That hole you see is for the mounting stud for the radio speaker.  it looks like it should be the one, but its not.  I know its a lot to ask, but think you could climb under there and see how your ignition key is illuminated??  That would help me a lot in determining if I have the wrong switch that has no port for a bulb OR I'm missing a small bracket that is supposed to secure the bulb socket to the switch.  Thanks in advance, this thing is driving me nuts.

Well Tom, I found out today that there is a Bulb “sleeve” that apparently holds the bulb next to the switch.  That’s the piece I need.  I don’t have a picture of it but one of the Zephyr vendors has one but will be gone until February.........so if anyone out there has one of these, please let me know.

Thanks as always Tom!  Stay safe.

• 4 weeks later...