Wiring Diagram for Buick Model 10, 1909, 1910-Buick-Mechanical-Features-Model-10

Zoulon56

Hello everyone,

I am restoring a Buick Model 10 from 1909 and I am looking for:

A) A wiring Diagram for Buick Model 10, 1909,

B) 1910-Buick-Mechanical-Features-Model-10 manual

Does anybody have a copy or PDF file of this? Or any idea where I could acquire this?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Greg, for this. Unfortunately the quality of the picture is not very good and I do have difficulties to read it. Would it be possible to send me per email (zoulon56@gmail.com) a better copy? I would love to look at your book but I live in Switzerland, hence not possible 😅 

Thank you in advance for your help, best regards and happy holidays.

Take care.

Ron

The difference between 1909 and 1914 should be so great as to be mutually of no value to each other.

1909 - the only wiring would be for the ignition circuit...if it used a high tension magneto this would include the mag and a starting circuit that probably used a master vibrator -the switch would say "mag" on one side (for running) and "bat" on the other side for starting.

By 1914 the cars had electric lights, a starter/generator and a conventional distributor.

I don't pretend to know much about Buick but the 1909 system would have been common to most cars at the time...

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)

Hallo Greg,

I checked  the new schematics you posted but unfortunately as JP Puleo describes above my Model 10 Buick of 1909 only has ignition wiring and vibrator.  Since vibrator is missing as well as related wires I need to repair all this. I was able to purchase an old vibrator that seems to operate properly. Now if somebody can supply a schematic on how to connect all this, I would be very pleased. Even a hand drawn schematic would be of great help. Thank you guys and happy holidays. 

Ron, Switzerland 

Most cars at that time ( Buick Model 10 is no exception) had ignition as the only electrical wiring in the car.

This was usually purchased from an outside supplier who also sold it to other makes of cars and different models of cars.

In period electrical books, diagrams for these were listed by brand of the equipment and their model rather than the car make and model that they were put on. It would therefor really help to know what equipment you have. Pictures are most helpful.

I would suggest you probably have Remy electrics. This is a typical Remy wiring schematic.

remy coil rd schematic.jpg

Thank you all for this very appreciated support, this is great 👍 👌 👍. It is really great to get such a help in such a short time. I have been looking on the internet for several months without success.  This really helps me a lot. THANK YOU. 

Happy holidays to all of you. 

Ron, Switzerland 

On 12/26/2020 at 7:20 PM, Layden B said:

Most cars at that time ( Buick Model 10 is no exception) had ignition as the only electrical wiring in the car.

This was usually purchased from an outside supplier who also sold it to other makes of cars and different models of cars.

In period electrical books, diagrams for these were listed by brand of the equipment and their model rather than the car make and model that they were put on. It would therefor really help to know what equipment you have. Pictures are most helpful.

I would suggest you probably have Remy electrics. This is a typical Remy wiring schematic.

remy coil rd schematic.jpg

Thank you all for this very appreciated support, this is great 👍 👌 👍. It is really great to get such a help in such a short time. I have been looking on the internet for several months without success.  This really helps me a lot. THANK YOU. 

Happy holidays to all of you. 

Ron, Switzerland 

Dear Layden,

Here several pictures of my ignition or at least what is left. The vibrator is missing but I was able to acquire one, now if I get a wiring diagram I hope I will be able to repair this Buick. I do not know what brand of magneto I have?

Thanks in Advance for your help and best regards. Ron

20201230_200758.jpg

20201230_110705.jpg

20201230_200605.jpg

20201230_110532.jpg

20201230_110334.jpg

• 2 weeks later...