If this is an original car I would be impressed.  However the seller does not have pictures of the front seat and from when little I can see I think it's worn and torn.  The rear seat and interior doors look pretty good.  In my opinion it this car has that little mileage the car must have been neglected for many years for the haggard condition it's in or it has 118.XXX miles.

I seriously doubt that's 18669 original miles, there's been repainting done on the front fender bottoms & lower rear quarters, common rust areas. The addition of aftermarket spark plug wire holders doesn't help either. Car is just not nice enough for the mileage IMO. You'd have to prove it to me. 

• Thanks 1

I think it looks like a good car. I agree with statement that it is not nice enough to be that low of milage. A quick check of tie rod play and King pins will tell you. You can always see when suspension parts have been replaced, or need to be. 13,000 original miles, everything will still be tight with no play.

• Like 1

I found the seller to be very nice and seems to be very open.  He cannot show anything in writing that would verify the 18,XXX odometer reading.  The door panels have held up pretty well but they do show signs of age.  The carpets are dirty and worn but are original to the car  There is a lot surface rust and that's from the Kentucky climate.  He said the rear seat does have a 2 inch tear in it.  The front has a ripped seat cover on it and he doesn't want to pull the seat cover off.  I requested pictures of the undercarriage and the front seat.  I want to believe the seller but some parts of the story sound like a stretch.

• Like 2

A desirable Olds but way overpriced and therefore not the best restoration candidate IMO. Hardtop model but no power steering or brakes. Seller states the car runs but carb is not hooked up. I'd have concerns with the engine & Hydramatic after such long storage. Was stored in a damp environment with surface rust everywhere even on the dashboard. Says it comes with new fuel pump, brake shoes, & 2 new shocks, (probably rears, fronts are knee-action) minor items hardly worth mentioning with the overall expenses required here.  Needs paint, lots of expensive chrome work with much pitted pot metal, tires, carpet, seats will need  at least some attention (might be crumbly when sat on), new steering wheel, new trunk material, possibly a new fuel tank, radiator, water pump and a lot of fine detailing everywhere.  All this is adding up fast!  In addition, these projects always need more than meets the eye. The old Forum advice  "buy the best car you can afford" would be appropriate here. Looking at the big overall start-to-finish picture, there are better ones out there. 

• Like 3