For Sale: 1951 DESOTO SUBURBAN WAGON 9 PASS. 6 CYL RARE CAR $6,500 - $6,500 - Rush City, MN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1951 DESOTO SUBURBAN WAGON 9 PASS. 6 CYL RARE CAR $6,500 - $6,500 - Rush City, MN

1951 DESOTO SUBURBAN WAGON 9 PASS. 6 CYL RARE CAR $6,500 - cars &... (craigslist.org)

1951 DESOTO SUBURBAN WAGON, 9 PASSENGER, 6 CYLINDER/FLUID 2 SPEED TRANSMISSION, 106,000 MILES, NICE BODY, NICE INTERIOR/ ALL ORIGINAL, RUNS/DRIVES/STOPS, NEW TIRES/EXHAUST/TUNE-UP, 2 FAMILY OWNER, NORTH DAKOTA CAR,  CLEAN TITLE, NO TRADES.

Contact:  ANY QUESTIONS CALL TODD (320) two-8-two-3-3-six-six

Copy and paste in your email:  b2137087ba413c4080f1e46f9eac0f3c@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this For Sale: 1951 DESOTO SUBURBAN WAGON 9 PASS.   Note:  The Standard Catalog shows 600 1951-'52 Suburban 9-passenger built, 1951-'52 reported together. 

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN a.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN b.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN c.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN d.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN e.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN f.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN g.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN h.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN i.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN j.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN ja.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN k.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN l.jpg

'51 DESOTO SUBURBAN MN m.jpg

• Like 4

DeSoto made quite a business of these nine passenger Suburban lwb utility sedans.   They were an alternative to the wood-bodied station wagons.  The durable vinyl middle and rear seats folded down to create a long, flat cargo floor, note the slats and wood-grained hardboard interior finishing.  Of course, there was the roof rack for whatever else needed to be carried.   With the trusty DeSoto 250.6 ci flathead six and Tip-Toe Shift Fluid-Drive motivating  a 4,375 lbs car, better not be in a hurry.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, JamesR said:

Cool! I can imagine a great marketing strategy for such a car:   It's the wagon that looks like a limousine!

That might have persuaded some to buy, though lwb sedans were essentially utilitarian then, except for the relatively small numbers of Cadillac, Packard and Chrysler Crown Imperial.  The Crown Imperial shared the same body shell as this DeSoto and the Chrysler Windsor also for sale.   

• Like 1