For Sale: 1951 Hudson Commodore Super 6 - $19,800 - Des Plaines, ILL - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $15,900.

For Sale: 1951 Hudson Commodore Super 6 - $19,800 - Des Plaines, ILL - Priced Reduced to $15,900, see link below.

1951 Hudson Commodore Super 6 - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

Very clean and no rust. Runs very well. Brakes are iffy and don't know if it's the master or wheel cylinders. Please call with questions. No texts or emails.

Copy and paste in your email:  c35f572162ae321caadfcbeab05fa34b@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1951 Hudson Commodore Super 6 brougham.

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL a.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL b.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL c.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL d.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL e.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL f.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL f.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL h.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL i.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL j.jpg

'51 Hudson Commodore Super 6 ILL k.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Price reduction to $15,900 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Why are the windshield visors so common on Hudsons of this era? Were they standard equipment? They seem far more prevalent on Hudsons than any other make or model. I just had a 1949 Commodore convertible arrive and sure enough, visor. On a convertible? Yeah, bye-bye. Fortunately, most are mounted without drilling any holes so they can go in the trunk.

44 minutes ago, trimacar said:

Interesting car, but Matt I agree, never understood the fascination with the add on visor.  

Yeah, it's not like you have much visibility anyway. It's really roomy inside, but there's no way a six-footer is going to be able to see stoplights. Or much else besides the hood.

Outside visors were NOT standard equipment on Hudsons but were a popular factory accessory just like an automatic transmission, radio, heater, exhaust deflector, wire wheel covers, Kleenex dispensers or whatever else the new owner wanted. I went out of my way to find one for my 1950 Super Six forty years ago when I bought it, I just like the looks of it on my car. There are as many Hudsons out there without visors as there are with. I'll admit a dashboard mounted traffic light viewer, another factory Hudson accessory, would be a big help. I agree a external visor doesn't enhance the looks of a Hudson convertible. To each his own. 

• Like 3

Cars look great with the factory sun visors. They are not made to go on the convertibles or hardtops.(was told that) The mounting bracket is curved to fit the drip rail. Drip rail on convertibles and hardtops are straight, no curve. You can put them on those cars, but they can pull off the stainless steel trim over the drip rail. A must have, it's a Hudson thing. 

1952 hornet convertible 116.JPG

newest pic 019.jpg

• Like 1

For Sale: 1951 Hudson Commodore Super 6 - $19,800 - Des Plaines, ILL

I keep thinking Tatoo on Fantasy Island must've been from Des Plaines.

Love the Hudsons. I could look at step downs all day long. I've grown to like the '54's most of all (much to my surprise.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

In that picture you can see the missing heat deflectors/shields that go under the carbs. Hollywood hardtops are nice cars. Had a 52 Hornet Hollywood years ago. I would think a better storage place could be found for that 54.

Heat deflectors and insulator spacers. Guys think those things aren't really important, and then complain later about how Hudson's are prone to vapor lock.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1951 Hudson Commodore Super 6 - $19,800 - Des Plaines, ILL - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $15,900.